JRSCed B18c1 and hondata tuning question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingmarc63

Hey guys, after numerous weeks of fighting with the swap, I am finally able to get it do. I swore on many occassions to part the car out but my partner wouldn't give up on it. Final outcome
Motor: 1998 built (je pistons and rods+ sleeves) jrsc b18c1 with IHE
Car: 1988 Honda Crx
E.M. Hondata s200b
Max Boost: 5-6lbs
Max Power: 215hp/145tq :(
Herein lies the dilema, before tuning I changed the crank pulley to a lighter (single grooved for running only the alternator) and smaller diameter (now i know where 3lbs of my boost went.
Big question is:
Do i need to drive 1.5 hrs to retune the hondata even though the tuner had it running a little rich in the mid to upper rpm ranges.
for the most part the A/F ratio is 11.5 and fall to 11 after 7k rpm
What do i do guys?
ps. The boost guage now shows a consistent 9lbs at WOT throughout the gears and the car is now so addicting to minimize my crave to drive it (not fully tuned) i stuck it in the deepest corner of the garage and covered it up. Its hard to drive this car and not want to beat on it. Even my wife who mainly drives the family car (STI w/ baby car seat fuck SVUs!!) has gotten addicted to her first drive in my rust bucket crx. :worthy:

so i assume your saying u got the right crank pulley? or are going to ? if so i say get it retuned...sounds like u have a chunk of change in the motor....better safe than sorry

Originally posted by driver1@Dec 29 2004, 08:31 AM
so i assume your saying u got the right crank pulley? or are going to ? if so i say get it retuned...sounds like u have a chunk of change in the motor....better safe than sorry
[post=438571]Quoted post[/post]​

yup there is some decent money in the motor. I am more surprised at the large amount of money spent on prepping and miscell. shit because the complete motor w/ jrsc was only $2200 w/ a kaaz gsr tranny, 550 cc inj, ect .
The crank pulley on it now is the stock one and i gained 3lbs of boost.
The diameter of the stock is 1 inch bigger than the previous one.

I would definatly retune, you don't want to blow all that hard work and money over something that could be as easily avoided as retuning. I know it costs money, but $400 <<<<<<<<<$5000

hondata and most fuel management systems run off the map sensor for its tables.

say, 10 vacuum, 2 psi, 5 psi, 11 psi, 17 psi is common for hondata, give or take a few psi...

assuming your tuner used the map expansion graph out for future boost levels, you should be at least ok.
11:1 is way too rich imo. i would run the jrsc at 12-12.2:1 on average.

you're mkaing shitty numbers on the dyno because of it, and also wasting a shit load of gas

Back