Juan Pablo = Taco Eater?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
"ESPN color analyst Bob Griese was suspended for saying Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya was not in the NASCAR Sprint Cup top five because he "was out having a Taco." This raises the question: do they eat tacos in Colombia? To find out, we called our favorite Colombian restaurant in Houston, Mi Pueblito. Angie, who picked up the phone, denied that Colombians eat tacos:
"We don't eat tacos. We eat empanadas and arepas, which are similar to a Mexican gordita, but we don't eat any tacos. And our food is not spicy.""

ESPN Analyst Suspended For Calling Juan Pablo Montoya A "Taco Eater" - Juan Pablo Montoya - Jalopnik

lol

lmao i know not alot of you guys like nascar,i did not like juan at first when he came in because i thought he was just doing this because of his F1 driving,,
juan is actually a great driver and has done alot for nascar,
but anyway back to the taco eating..pink taco or not.nascar is strict about what is said publically

lmao i know not alot of you guys like nascar,i did not like juan at first when he came in because i thought he was just doing this because of his F1 driving,,
juan is actually a great driver and has done alot for nascar,
but anyway back to the taco eating..pink taco or not.nascar is strict about what is said publically

i would hope so. i mean, to even be an F1 driver (even for a bad team) is saying something about your driving ability.

Wait....... Nascar is racist? Weird.....

lolz

I know the dude was just being funny but come on, your on national television and everyone in the world already thinks your organization is racist, and you make a comment like this?

Guys, he said it while doing commentary on a NCAA football game. ABC was plugging their NASCAR coverage during the game when the comment was made.

I dunno, would an Italian get upset if he said they were out getting a bowl of pasta? It was a poor attempt at humor, being overblown because of the PC-ness of society.

And yeah, anyone who drove in F1 could drive in NASCAR.

Oh i deem it ok, and i totally fucking agree with D16Civic. Nascar has a LOT more room for error than F1. WOT in an F1 car can get you killed in a heart beat. The cars are heavier in nascar and have almost the same power as an F1 car (more torque, same HP). Also, up until this year F1 was running on treaded tires. Its a completely different and exponentially more difficult form of racing. There is not as much passing its just more precision. The problem people have with F1 is there is nothing to make the cars standardized. They're all different and some are better than others. woopdie doo, it doesn't change the fact that most people, if you put them in an F1 car on an F1 track couldnt/wouldnt put their foot down. In a sprint cup car, on a normal trioval, most average people can at least drive quickly. maybe not championship level quick, but it's still an easier car to drive on easier tracks. Because the tracks are so easy, the cars are so even, and the drivers are all SUPER close in skill it makes the racing more precise, but it doesn't change the fact that the average person can drive a cup car without any major problems.

In short the big difference between the two is:

Precision = Life (F1)
Precision = Win (Nascar)

If you mess up a bit in F1 that could be the end of you. If you mess up a bit in Nascar, you lose 10 spots. it's a glaring difference.

</rant>

Last edited:
And this is the reason that most drivers who transfer from some form of open wheel racing will eventually be reasonably successful in Nascar. Tony Stewart, Montoya, Scott Speed is coming along fairly quickly, eventually maybe even Danica Patrick, although it remains to be seen if she can drive anything in the first place. Even a guy like Boris Said has done pretty well on the road courses in nascar. Nobody ever goes from driving nascar to driving in road circuit racing.

A few years ago when F1 came to Indy, Car and Driver swapped Gordon into an F1 car and someone (can't remember now) into a cup car and put them on the road course at IMS. Gordon was like 9 or 10 seconds off the F1 lap times, while the F1 driver was within a second or so of Gordon's lap times in his car.

To me, that illustrates that in NASCAR, the car is the athlete, and in F1, driver skill makes a huge difference.

I agree with reikoshea and D16. Nascar is watered down compared to F1. Watching F1 is much more intense than Nascar.

Back