Jujitsu used in the streets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The point of a gun is to kill from a distance. If you have a gun and pull it, you should be ready to use it. Now if you let someone negate the advantage of distance that's your fault.

That is the most stupid things I've heard of. Do you understand the difference in self defense and fighting? Self defense is getting out of something defending your life.
Fighting is attacking when you don't have to.

If you have distance you can run. Self defense = when you get out of a car and someone jumps on you. Self defense is when someone runs up to you and punches you in the face at random.

But just to be safe I'll let Linh know that the next time someone tries to grab her wrist and drag her off to have their way with her, I'll just explain she was stupid for letting the person get so close, she could have just shot them....

The best form of self defense is removing yourself from the situation, fighting back is NOT self defense unless there's no other choice.

So do you pull guns out at random people who talk shit in the streets? That way they can't close in the gap in public? I'm a gun owner and think people willing to pull a gun out because they feel the sense of maybe being in danger do nothing but cause larger problems. Gun fights in public are great!

That is the most stupid things I've heard of. Do you understand the difference in self defense and fighting? Self defense is getting out of something defending your life.
Fighting is attacking when you don't have to.

If you have distance you can run. Self defense = when you get out of a car and someone jumps on you. Self defense is when someone runs up to you and punches you in the face at random.

But just to be safe I'll let Linh know that the next time someone tries to grab her wrist and drag her off to have their way with her, I'll just explain she was stupid for letting the person get so close, she could have just shot them....

The best form of self defense is removing yourself from the situation, fighting back is NOT self defense unless there's no other choice.

So do you pull guns out at random people who talk shit in the streets? That way they can't close in the gap in public? I'm a gun owner and think people willing to pull a gun out because they feel the sense of maybe being in danger do nothing but cause larger problems. Gun fights in public are great!
Son, you need to learn a whole lot about fire arms. Those 3 things I state are fact. There is no debating the purpose of a gun is to kill from a distance, never pull a gun unless you are going to use it, and there is never an excuse to be killed with your own weapon. Just like never point a gun at something you don't intend to kill. If you don't understand these things, don't own a gun. You will cause more harm then good with it. Sorry to sidetrack now back to the OPs topic.

Son, you need to learn a whole lot about fire arms. Those 3 things I state are fact. There is no debating the purpose of a gun is to kill from a distance, never pull a gun unless you are going to use it, and there is never an excuse to be killed with your own weapon. Just like never point a gun at something you don't intend to kill. If you don't understand these things, don't own a gun. You will cause more harm then good with it. Sorry to sidetrack now back to the OPs topic.

Dad, so what you're still saying is you should never let yourself get into a situation where you're too close to use a gun?

He doesn't sound like the typical Affliction wearing d-bag I run into at the bar that has a half-assed idea how to throw a rear naked and is "about to turn pro".

In my opinion, real fighters are generally more reserved about their abilities. Generally more calm and less angry then when they started.
Yeah, he really doesn't like people knowing he does MMA. A few guys found out and they already wanna test him.

He fights/trains out of Millenium Gym out here in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. His uncle who trains him has a pro record of 5-0 and has a fight coming up next month.

Here's one of his uncles fights. The others aren't on youtube, i'm guessing...

YouTube - camilo gonzalez mma cage fight

Looks like a good fighter.

I just found out this weekend, my friend Jeff has been training for awhile. When he first said it, I played it off like he was talking out his ass. So he said we should roll. We moved the couches, lost the shoes, and grappled a little. I have at least 40 pounds on the kid.

I was thinking I would let him shoot, guillotine, game over. Little son of a bitch took me down. I rolled him and generally kept control after that, but he impressed me. Nearly hit a guillotine of his own, arm bar, triangle, and a kimora. If I was his size he definitely would have had just about every one. I'm pumped to see him fight. Should be happening before Christmas. Lightweights are always the most exciting fights anyway.

Looks like a good fighter.

I just found out this weekend, my friend Jeff has been training for awhile. When he first said it, I played it off like he was talking out his ass. So he said we should roll. We moved the couches, lost the shoes, and grappled a little. I have at least 40 pounds on the kid.

I was thinking I would let him shoot, guillotine, game over. Little son of a bitch took me down. I rolled him and generally kept control after that, but he impressed me. Nearly hit a guillotine of his own, arm bar, triangle, and a kimora. If I was his size he definitely would have had just about every one. I'm pumped to see him fight. Should be happening before Christmas. Lightweights are always the most exciting fights anyway.
Film his fight. I'm gonna try to film his uncles up coming fight and i'll post it.

Back