JUMP ON THIS BISHES

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i got 4 years experience in assembling components/quality control/testing in the manufacturing of PCB (printed circuit boards) assembly. thats pretty much the electronics experience i have...

all my experience was OTJ training. i learned quite a bit. i also worked real close to the technicians. i helped them out alot and even learned a little of what they (the technicians) do. i really liked that job. too bad i was in the last group of people to get laid off there :sad:

Well, this job is for about $19.43 an hour. Full medical, free college, full dental, free college, group rate on car insurance, free college, full eye coverage, free college, 401K, free college, degree re-embursement pay, free college......

damn. i wish i had experience in aviation electronics, cabling and schematic and wiring diagrams. :( my experience is in manufacturing in collision avoidance systems for tractor trailers. perhaps you have heard of Eaton? yup...same people that make the superchargers :)

I wouldn't move for 19.50/hr. I make a little less than that in Queens and to be really honest I don't do shit, I sit in front of a compouter an do inventory pretty much, load and unload trucks, and organize the storage...once in a while (usually get someone else to do it. For a 17 year old I make some nice fuckin money for the little I do. But then again I don't get all the benefits.

WAIT did you say FREE COLLEGE. I'll commute. Too bad I wouldn't trust myself touching anything electiral in anything that had to make it more than 2 foot off the ground.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 20 2004, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't move for 19.50/hr. I make a little less than that in Queens and to be really honest I don't do shit, I sit in front of a compouter an do inventory pretty much, load and unload trucks, and organize the storage...once in a while (usually get someone else to do it. For a 17 year old I make some nice fuckin money for the little I do. But then again I don't get all the benefits.

WAIT did you say FREE COLLEGE. I'll commute. Too bad I wouldn't trust myself touching anything electiral in anything that had to make it more than 2 foot off the ground.
[post=379565]Quoted post[/post]​

:dunno: I've been here nearly 3 years, and I'm makeing $23.49 an hour...and another major raise either in a few days, or a few weeks....And I sit in front of a computer all night...I work for 6.5 hours and get paid for 8. Sat is time and a half, and sundays are double time...holidays are tripple time...so I guess $70.47 an hour can't be too bad. And for a week durring X-mas...it's all tripple time....So...that = $2818.80 for one week... <_< meh...not a lot, but the medical benifits have already proved them selves with my wife operations and meds, plus her teeth are fully done and that was about a $6000 bill for only $200 out of my pocket. Plus the group rate on insurance has saved me uggles of monei on car and renters insurance...

Plus I actually only put in about 2 hours of real work a night :ph34r: in a clean room, always at 70 degree's F.... :)

Welp.....I have one more day of being CarbonFiberJockie...and then starting next monday.....I'll be Airjockie once again.

With a raise ;)

Since Feb 10th, 2003-----to today....I was in the Bladeshop. First doing parts layup, then working first bonds, and I was in the Gerber room since July 1st of 2003.....Basically, I sat on my ass all night, drinking coffee, going outside for smake breaks, post whoreing everywhere...chatting all night to everyone...blah blah blah.... the work i did was put out a roll of prepreg Carbonfiber, kevlar, wire mesh, peel ply...etc.....put them on a roller, and pulled out 46 ft of material, pull out a plastic sheet, sit at one computer, load a program, pust 5 buttons, and the machine cuts for an hour. hence the other computer to chat on, with 5 computers in the room, and a/c...I was happy. Then when the table was done cutting, I picked up all the little ply's of material, throw them in a bag, seal it, tag it, and throw it in a freezer....Easiest job I had.

And I'm leaving it. :lol:

I'm heading back to the Hanger Monday night, with a pay raise, and more OT. I get to get dirty again. Do stuff like bring the Helicopter from final assymboly, take it apart, clean it, inspect it, put it together, take it to the fuel dump, calibrate the fuel system, test it, then bring it back into the hanger, put the heli in a huge shower, and watch for leaks, and spend a day sealing them up....then start installing vibration reading gear. Have a pilot test fly it, while we take the readings for the vibes, and bring it back in the hanger. Take the whole aircraft apart again, and see what shook loose. Clean it again, inspect it, put it back together, fix or repair any parts that are leaking, or broke, then go fly it for 20 hours, then take it apart again, retorque all the bolts, seal them, mark them, make the heli pretty, and call the Govn to come and inspect it. If they like it, then it rolls out the door and heads on to the customer.

And actually...I can't wait....sitting on my ass for the last year has put a beergut on me the size that I'm even ashamed of. Plus it's a fun job, everyone fucks around with everyone, and it's an actual team that plugs away on the work all night.

And what does that mean to you....nothing...unless you apply for the job. I'll be the guy that does all the inspecting, so if you mess up, I'll tell you and I can come and give you hints on how to install the wires.

And also since I am leaving the blade shop, along with 30 other people, the bladeshop is going to be in need of new people. And with the new contracts for helicopters that Sik just got, and the Army need to keep good blades on the heli's in Iraq, that means that the blade shop is also ramping up to meet the needs of the customer. So that means that there will be more jobs posted in the super near future to fill the jobs that we are leaving behind....hint...hint... ;)

CLAYTON!!!

i just applied as soon as i saw this post. ill give you a call later on today ;)

i left you as my reference... do you need another copy of my resumé?

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 20 2004, 10:45 AM
CLAYTON!!!

i just applied as soon as i saw this post. ill give you a call later on today ;)

i left you as my reference... do you need another copy of my resumé?
[post=379697]Quoted post[/post]​

It wouldn't hurt if I had it.... ;)

Back