1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumper Harness help.

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by CrackingVTEC, Jan 3, 2012.

1. CrackingVTEC

CrackingVTEC New Member

OK, So i have an OBD2B to OBD2A jumper harness and it works great but the tach doesn't work. Does anybody have an OBD2B to OBD2A jumper that can look at it for me and let me know if there is a resistor in there that isn't in mine or two wires into one. something like that. mine goes from one connector to another no spliced wires or anything like that.. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance..

2. CrackingVTEC

CrackingVTEC New Member

Nobody?

3. Dual-500

Dual-500 Well-Known Member VIP

The best and probably only way to figure it out is to get the wiring schematics. I would start with the people that built the adaptor harness.

4. CrackingVTEC

CrackingVTEC New Member

I already checked the pin layout and there all good. I've looked at other harnesses and I've seen wires jumped into each other and resistors in them also. This one doesn't have any of that. The ones that I've looked at are OBD2A&B to OBD1. I haven't seen another OBD2B to OBD2A..

5. Dual-500

Dual-500 Well-Known Member VIP

Have you consulted the people that built the harness?

6. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

You could always figure out what wires go to the PIN out on the ecu and hard wire it... just saying

7. CrackingVTEC

CrackingVTEC New Member

Yup. They don't give a shyt..

8. CrackingVTEC

CrackingVTEC New Member

Today I ran a wire off of the dizzy and it doesn't work, I was like wtf? I hooked my OBD1 ecu back up and it worked. Then I got an old 5" tach i had laying around and hooked it up with the OBD1 ecu and it worked then the OBD2A and nothing.......

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted