1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jun cam sprockets

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ekPhred, Nov 12, 2002.

1. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

What's up everybody. I recently picked up a set up jun cam sprockets for the motor i'm building. Then I got a call from my homeboy yesterday saying that he can possibly get a hold of some crower 402's. My question is should I go for the 402's or is it recommended that I get the Jun camshafts since I already have the sprockets? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanx in advance. peace... :huh:

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

The JUN gears should work on any camshaft for the motor you are building.

3. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

4. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

any other input would be much appreciated! :lol:

5. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

well i think the JUN Type 3's are better than the crower 402's, but then there is the price :) check into skunk2 stage 2's also, i hear they are right up there with the JUN type 3's but much less.

6. chet

chet Senior Member

stage 3 cams are pretty extreme for the street. i'd go with ctr/itr cams if i were you for a streetable setup.

7. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

Yea, I would'nt mind going with stage 3's. But, my car is going to be daily driven and want to have decent gas mileage. I know putting in cams will bring down my gas mileage. I was actually contemplating going with itr/ctr setup like he said because from research, that setup is cheaper than going jun or crower. :ph34r: it's just that i might be able to get a hold of some crower 402's for about 550 possibly. which is pretty darn cheap... so i dunno...

8. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

make sure you get stiffer springs and titanium retainers with those 402 cams :) i have ctr cams now, they are much nicer than the stock ones

9. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

o yea, when I build up my head, I don't plan to half ass it, I'm going to go camshaft, I already have the cam sprockets, then spring and retainer's, p&p, the whole nine yards! :D

10. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

go camshaft

haha- never heard it said like that before!

11. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

12. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

b16, quick question. I looked at your pictures and was wondering what else you have done to your coupe? I noticed the usual i/h/e, sprockets and wires. I was just wondering if you had anything done internally?

13. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

besides basic bolt ons, i have ctr cams, itr springs/retainers, and a mugen thin head gasket. in my gallery, if you click on the first picture it is my dyno sheet, which also lists out all my mods. it is a mild setup, which is good for me now. i would like to go all out with pistons, more agressive cams, p&p, blah blah blah, but as this car is my daily driver (i go to college and work full time) its difficult to do large amounts of work on it, as i can not be without a car for an extended amount of time.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted