JUN valve adjustment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brettII

KMS-fab
whats the spacing/gapping when adjusting the valves for JUN stage 1/type 1 cams for a b16a? i have tried to contact JUN but they have yet to respond...thanks for your help, or maybe you can point me in the right direction...also, is this called valve lash??

brett

I pulled the paperwork on my JUNIII and they say intake : .005" and exhaust are :.006" That seems tight to me but, thats what it says.

ok what do you mean...JUNIII? type 3/stage 3 cams?? if so it may be different due to the type of cams they are...mine are just type 1/stage 1 so...let me know, and thanks

brett

Yea they are stage 3 cams. The big ones. Personally I dont run the lash that tight, but that is what the paperwork says. I have run .007 on the intake and .008 on the exhaust. On every motor i have ever built and never had a problem.

Originally posted by no2psi@Sep 9 2003, 09:39 AM
Yea they are stage 3 cams. The big ones. Personally I dont run the lash that tight, but that is what the paperwork says. I have run .007 on the intake and .008 on the exhaust. On every motor i have ever built and never had a problem.

yea, thats what the b16a manual calls for. i would go with that.

Back