Junkyard shopping for B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

giantrobot

Does it matter what year CRV you pull the motor from,as far as swapping into an EK?

not really
they are all OBD-2

and if you are just using the block it wont matter at all

i think the newer ones have higher compression and more HP though

check out the engine list in the reference section ... it will give you the info you need

Whatever you do when you go to a junkyard, do not to go AAA Auto parts in Avenel New Jersey. They just did me wrong today.

No one really knows what the compression ratio is on the B20. I have heard 8.8:1 to 9.6:1. Even after talking to people in canada who recieve the motors directly from japan don't know what the compression is. I jus got finish swapping a b20 into my 94 LS and it is extremely stron. I have another one if you are interested. Mine runs extremely well and i haven't even put the type R head on yet.

check the condition though if you plan on picking one up, it would suck if anything was wrong with it,

Originally posted by tegb20@Jan 26 2004, 09:58 PM
No one really knows what the compression ratio is on the B20. I have heard 8.8:1 to 9.6:1. Even after talking to people in canada who recieve the motors directly from japan don't know what the compression is. I jus got finish swapping a b20 into my 94 LS and it is extremely stron. I have another one if you are interested. Mine runs extremely well and i haven't even put the type R head on yet.

Not many people know... but most people who are trying to get any kind of extra performance out of the B20 swap out the pistons anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

:)

As for which years to get, stay away from anything newer than 2001. The 2002+ CRVs all have the K24 in them, and that's a little harder to swap into your Civic than the B20.

Back