Junkyard Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16A_G

okay guys,
i'm a rookie on this turbo thing, what i have is a 5th gen civic coupe with a JDM D16A and planning on going turbo and don't have a lot of money. My plan is to have a small turbo and only going to run 7 psi max. I already have a TD04 turbo with an internal wastegate, what else do i need and where to find them. Also i would be running on stock internals,
so i'm a little worried about the compression ratio and blowing my engine. I need all the info i could get cause i want this to happen and info would be great. thanks

jdm d16a? is that a typo? what year car is this? what obd are you running on it?

a td04 is a nice small mitsu turbo. but do you know what the psi is set at in the internal gate??? cuz if its set higher than the 7 you want to run, you are going to have to swap actuators.

in adition to the turbo itself, you need a manifold, intercooler, blowoff valve, slightly larger injectors, oil feed/return lines, downpipe, piping, and either a vafc hack or uberchip style boost management . stay away from fmu setups.

Back