Jury Duty

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
I got a letter in the mail to report to jury duty next month.

I have the option of postponing my 'civil obligation' for up to 1 year. Heres the thing, I am moving to NJ in August -> if I postpone my MA jury duty and then move what will happen? Should I do it?

You're moving from Massachussetts to New Jersey ?

What the hell is wrong with you ? Out of the pan into the fire, huh ? Can't you move to a NORMAL state ?!

Quoted post[/post]]
I would write to em and tell them you'll be moving to another state soon

Writing to any state run org. in MA is not gonna work - they take forever to do anything.

Should i just postpone for 1 year and then move? Im seriously considering it.

i would be wary of them trying to get you one year from now and you get failure to appear or some shit...

I found out that when you do a change of address with the post office, your Jury Duty follows you. They will cancel your MA appointment and put you in the NJ pool. This may or may not happen this year, but they won't make you come up to MA for it nor will they somehow manage to get you into Juris on that original day.

It's all in the Post Office change of address (And DMV change of address). Take care of those and you're good.

90% of people called for jury duty don't even serve..... it gets thrown out like a week before because they settle out of court.

did they give you a date of serving? if so, i'd do it. its $50 in your pocket to sit in a chair for a day.

Quoted post[/post]]
90% of people called for jury duty don't even serve..... it gets thrown out like a week before because they settle out of court.

did they give you a date of serving? if so, i'd do it. its $50 in your pocket to sit in a chair for a day.
:werd:
and my job pays you your hourly wage on top of getting the money the court gives you. Then again, here in Cali they only give you $5 a day and that's to buy your lunch. Yeah yeah...again... reason # :thefinger: :finger:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:werd:
and my job pays you your hourly wage on top of getting the money the court gives you. Then again, here in Cali they only give you $5 a day and that's to buy your lunch. Yeah yeah...again... reason # :thefinger: :finger:

Ive had j duty before (in MA) and i didnt get paid. Isnt that just for the people who get picked?

Just go and do it...

if you get picked for a case...it might help you...

There might be a strange timing thing that might be in the cozmo's for you if you did do it.

You might be on the jury for the guys that stole your car...now that would make it worth it to yell GUILTY from the tops of your lungs at the end of the trial....

hehe...

I've never had, and prolly never will. I'm told that I won't get picked becuase of the Selective Service thing, and I move so often that I have yet to be called.

We'll see.

-> Steve

Back