Jus Bought A 94teg W 160k Miles What Engine...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integracer94

So, i jus got a 94 2door automatic integra ls, it has 160k miles. What do you think i should do? Should i rebuild the LS engine? Should i get a b18c gsr engine? or should i spend extra money to modify the engine bay and get a h22a engine? Also, do you know the prices of each of these swaps?

LS/TURBO, 'nough said.

depends on what u r goin 4???? if ur just tryin 2 make it peppy........then i say rebuild tha ls and turbo charge it!!!! but u do have an auotmatic........a lot of 4dr gsr integgy's came in auto........but if u want mad speed and hell of performance......go w/ an h22a !!!!!! just throwin my 2 cents in..........all comes down 2 what u want and what type or performance or show quality u want!!!!!

well, its 2door and automatic and i'm going to be driving it to and from school for the next couple year, so i dont think im gonna be actually racing much, although i do want the best performance i can get with a tight budget. So I'm basically looking for the cheapest way to compensate for the 160k miles. So could you people tell me about how much it will be to:
1) rebuild the ls engine
2) get a turbo for the ls engine
3) buy a gsr b18c engine
4) buy an h22a engine and the extra equipment to install this engine, (you know, for the extra size and weight of the h22a)

Having the motor in it overhauled to new status is the cheapest way,but will take longer than swapping,so the car will be out for a bit.The others,mmm...turbo can be cheaper,but not nescessarily better.The GSR I think you come out about the same (maybe a little less) price as the H22.

You COULD overhaul the LS and convert to manual at the same time,then later on swap in something better,or boost and get the full potential of the set up.

Originally posted by integracer94@Apr 25 2003, 05:57 PM
well, its 2door and automatic and i'm going to be driving it to and from school for the next couple year, so i dont think im gonna be actually racing much, although i do want the best performance i can get with a tight budget. So I'm basically looking for the cheapest way to compensate for the 160k miles. So could you people tell me about how much it will be to:
1) rebuild the ls engine
2) get a turbo for the ls engine
3) buy a gsr b18c engine
4) buy an h22a engine and the extra equipment to install this engine, (you know, for the extra size and weight of the h22a)

if u want it just 4 peppiness and somethin kool2 have.........i say stik w/ ur ls engine.........(redo ur internals, ignition, fuel, complete tune up) on it!!!!!!!! if u decide 2 turbo charge it.............go w/ tha greddy smog legal kit........but def buy a bov.......external wastegate and intercooler.......which is seperate from tha kit itself!!!!!!! buyin a gsr or h22a engine w/ install and all tha equipment can become quite pricey man..........si ur best bet is stikin w/ tha engine u got...rebuild it and turbo charge it if that!!!!!!!! me personally........i say rebuild ur whole engine (but also include bolt ons if u go all motor) and go w/ a lil 75 dry shot from zex......lmao!!!!! but def best of luck w/ whatever path u choose man!!!!!! ;) :lol: :D :ph34r: B) :worthy:

<_< Go with h22a...

Motor 2450-2650 w/ shipping

Mount kit 350-650

Mid Shaft accord 125-300

LS Axles - 50-75 a piece w/ core trade

any extras you may add make sure to get it from JDMPower.net :p

Back