just a few qns

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaboiii821

I currently own a 95 civic eg a european version i was wondering if i bought a b16a2 engine from h motors online would i have everything i needed to complete my swap. Im currently running a 1.3 non vtec with a carburetter. I am really new to this and have never done an engine swap so any help would be really appreciated. Also would i have much work to do on the wiring side of things.

dude... if your car is carb then you DONT want to have to convert that to Fuel Injection. Too much time. My advice... sell your car and buy a USDM EG that already has FI and go from there. if you get an Si all you need to do is lengthen wires for VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure, O2 sensor and wire your Knock sensor into D3 on your ECU. but if you are dead set on the EDM Civic then plan on spending hella lots of time underneath that thing replacing fuel lines because it must be done. other than that i know you will have to wire in VTEC, VTEC pressure, O2, knock into your new ECU because your harness will not have it.

thanks for your help man saved me a lot of time so if i bought an lsi version it would be alot easier. if i bought an english civic eg would the jdm engines fit.

Yeah it will fit. It would fit in your car because the chassis is the same. You just dont want to have to convert from carb to fuel injection. Get you a 92 Civic Si Hatch. It has VTEC pre-wired and is really easy. I just did a JDM B16A swap into my 92 Si Hatch and it was simple. Fast as crap too man. I love mine.

Back