Just a question for the honda know it alls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greenmachine

I was the one who had a problem with the alternator we fixed that but know the number15 fuse in the fuse box in the car blows everytime I get in boost. It is a ten fuse, to refresh memories I have a 1996 honda civic coupe with a b18b1 turbo charged. It blows when I hit about 6psi, an not really before normally in second gear, when that happens the check engine light comes on and the alterntor stops charging. So someone explain this to me or should I just get a new car?

ya def.. i hope u didnt mean that litarly, that ud get a new car over just blowing a fuse on a circit.... ud regret that.. it could be sumthing stupidly easy. if u have a manual for ur car not ur motor, the car.. id check everything that goes to that fuse.. thats where ud find ur prob.. good luck man
Tyler

you might be shorting something.. perhaps on hard accelleration when the car lurches forward something is touching something else and blowing the fuse. I had a similar problem except when I hits bumps all my electricals shutoff for a split second.. later found out my warm air intake was shorting the positive terminal on my battery to the chassis!

First off the factory already puts a fuse in there thats double the amps so by putting a 15 in there is now trippling what it needs so just put a 10 back in.

sounds like you apparently didnt fix the problem you had before, and that is causing some problem with your electrical system.

unplug your vtec flux capacitor on the back of cylinder 3. that should do the trick

Back