just an idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats what i was thinking, light weight boat, light engine, 6 speed i think it would be awesome. i know a guy that has some sort of very rare old corvette motor in a boat almost like the pic and it goes pretty good

Vendio.com if you look at the pic, where the tranny ends and the drive shaft mounts do you thing i could fabricate something to attach that to the shaft that drives the propeller?

It is defenitly possible but I don't see it going well unless you could find a smaller automatic tranny for it. K-series tranny with only one output shaft maybe???? but then again you would have to find/modd an ECU to run the F20 with an auto. The 6 speed from the s2k is gonna move the motor to far foward for a "pickle fork" style boat application, not to mention fabbing up linkage and hydrualic lines for the F20's clutch. Oh yeah and then you'll have to figure out some form of radiation to keep the motor cool. It won't be easy unless you plan on only driving on fresh water all the time. Not to mention your adding alot of wait to the rear of the boat, you'll have to balast the front to compensate for that also. Theres alot of stuff to consider befroe attempting something like this. You could probally have a bad ass MERC out board built for the price of an F22/20 and tranny anyhow. I know different is cool but it would save you alot a head aches. Just my $.02

If you decide to go on with it GOOD LUCK!!!

Back