just blew my tranny today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
going down the highway aroud 70mph go to shift to 5th and the motor just spins. so anyway, do you know anywhere to buy a b series cable tranny like a y1 lsd? but only from a shop or store. not buying peoples used shit anymore unless its right from jdm yo! :p .

yea definitely look into the clutch rather then buying a new tranny before you even take a look at it.

the clutch feels fine. im not sure what could be the problem with the clutch. the cable adjuster does not work now idk if that just happened or what? i can put it into gear but then it just wines like a axle is spinning but they are not. lmk what to do. i dont have money to through away right now and would like to make it to the h-t meet later this month. what schould i look for?

Sounds like you stripped the splines out of the center of the clutch. I did that before.

I bought another tranny before troubleshooting the one I had, and it turned out I needed a new clutch. :mad:

Pull the axles, check the joints, then pull the tranny, and check out the clutch. I'm betting you lost something there.

PS. If the tranny FEELS fine when shifting through gears with the motor turned off, then it's the clutch.

unless he broke the mechenism inside the tranny that moves the shift rails.....
i did that one in my gsr.... tranny removal still required though... so if the clutch is fine, and the axles are fine, you may wanna check into that

it was the clutch. it only had 3500 miles on it too. the splines stripped on it. WARNING DO NOT BUY A PRO CLUTCH. although i loved it (stage 3, 6 puck) that schould never have stripped out. owell you get what you pay for.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Sep 6 2004, 10:22 PM
it was the clutch. it only had 3500 miles on it too. the splines stripped on it. WARNING DO NOT BUY A PRO CLUTCH. although i loved it (stage 3, 6 puck) that schould never have stripped out. owell you get what you pay for.
[post=386772]Quoted post[/post]​

it was a 6 puck clutch? why were you running that? all out racing clutches do not have a long lifetime! I think my 6 puck clutch lasted 8K miles driving it to work and back everyday before it blew up

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Sep 6 2004, 10:22 PM

What year integra did you buy the clutch for?

If you have a JDM or 90-91 LS cable tranny, you will NEED the 90-91 clutch for the smaller spline pattern. So, uh if you used the 92-01 Integra clutch, you can blame yourself if this is the case.

You put a 26mm clutch on a 25mm shaft, yooooo! :blink:

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Sep 6 2004, 11:22 PM

get an act next. B)

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Sep 7 2004, 04:54 AM-->
erebunicrx
@Sep 6 2004, 10:22 PM

If you have a JDM or 90-91 LS cable tranny, you will NEED the 90-91 clutch for the smaller spline pattern. So, uh if you used the 92-01 Integra clutch, you can blame yourself if this is the case.

[post=386867]Quoted post[/post]​

humm? maybe the case. but i have a s1 tranny

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Sep 3 2004, 06:43 PM
going down the highway aroud 70mph go to shift to 5th and the motor just spins. so anyway, do you know anywhere to buy a b series cable tranny like a y1 lsd? but only from a shop or store. not buying peoples used shit anymore unless its right from jdm yo! :p .
[post=385866]Quoted post[/post]​

Im sure Hmotors has em.

Originally posted by erebunicrx+Sep 7 2004, 05:08 PM-->
Originally posted by SiR Kid@Sep 7 2004, 04:54 AM
erebunicrx
@Sep 6 2004, 10:22 PM

[post=386867]Quoted post[/post]​

humm? maybe the case. but i have a s1 tranny
[post=387130]Quoted post[/post]​

Then you need to make sure that you get a 90-91 Integra clutch this time.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 8 2004, 12:30 AM-->
erebunicrx
@Sep 3 2004, 06:43 PM
[post=385866]Quoted post[/post]​

Im sure Hmotors has em.
[post=387153]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe you should consider reading the whole thread before inputting.

I bought a so called mediocore clutch from what others have spoken and posted but it lasted me through A LOT of abuse. "ClutchNet" stage1.........I was surprised...

but yeah, lets not also forget that clutch wear has many components to it, along with just because we buy aftermarket doesn't mean it's going to last a while. Shit happens and that is the other half of this sport.

Sucks it happened, good news it was just the clutch.

I recommend Exedy, resurface the flywheel or get a new one, replace the throughout bearing and pilot bearing.

good luck :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back