just blew my tranny today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So generally you guys buy a new clutch everytime it breaks or do you buy something with a lifetime warranty?

lifetime warranty??????? on aftermarket shit........good luck.

i loved the clutch. it had alot of wear left. i think it had copper in it. but i just need to make sure the clutch is for that tranny. i buy the clutch for the tranny not the motor right? if so what goes with the s1 tranny?

well, whenever you do a swap you should always inspect the flywheel to see if it's warped, if yes then either buy a new lightened flywheel or get your current warped flywheel resurfaced, and have a new pilot bearing put in. Clutch wise I just see it as a better option to just have a new one installed since the motor is apart anyways, no need to do things twice, especially for 300 bucks.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Sep 8 2004, 09:46 PM
i loved the clutch. it had alot of wear left. i think it had copper in it. but i just need to make sure the clutch is for that tranny. i buy the clutch for the tranny not the motor right? if so what goes with the s1 tranny?
[post=387732]Quoted post[/post]​

S1 and A1 is the first b18a tranny her in the US = 90-91 Integra.

I am Happy with my Fidanza Alum. flywheel and ACT clutch...went with the HD street strip and got away from the six puc for daily driving. I found the puc wore a lot faster tooling through the mountains downshifting, as well as tearing up the flywheel when the friction disc gets worn out. Glad the problem was your clutch...a lot cheaper to fix.

I dont think they can put lifetime warranties on naturally wearing parts. They can put a partial warranty on it like they do for brand new cars. Thats why engines dont have lifetime warranties, could you imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back