just boosted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hazzardboy95

Hon-daaaa
Whats up i just boosted my zc single cam vtec and im only at 5-6 lbs but if i sustain boost for more than 2 seconds or so its throws a check engine light comes and it just dumps fuel is this becasue i need a 2 bar map sensor or would something else be necessary.

From what I understand a stock motor doesnt recognize boost and will throw a cel, do you have anything done to your ecu, has it been tuned?

what is the engine code? it's easy to fix a problem when the car tells you exactly what is wrong with it. problems start when the car is acting funny and you can't figure out why. keep it simple, if you have an indicator, check it out.

i havnt had a chance to get a code reader yet but the ecu is a p28 tuned on crome pro and it was tuned at 6lbs which is why im confused at to what the problem is

i havnt had a chance to get a code reader yet but the ecu is a p28 tuned on crome pro and it was tuned at 6lbs which is why im confused at to what the problem is
when you alter from oem specs, it can be anything. could be tune, could be o2 sensor, there are a million possibilities.

Figure out what the code is. It could be any number of things...

Is it tuned for your setup or someone elses? Cels are normally disabled using crome. The way your describing your problem it sounds like a map issue, however thats something that can be changed in crome. Post a copy of your crome bin and I will tell you were your problems at

Is it tuned for your setup or someone elses? Cels are normally disabled using crome. The way your describing your problem it sounds like a map issue
Agreed, I was going to ask the same thing.
From what your describing it just sounds like you are throwing a MAP cel and the ECU will then dump fuel.

Was the ECU actually tuned on YOUR setup or are you on someones basemap?

i had the same problem here. the engine go into limp mode after it reaches 5k rpm And that is with the use of a missing link and stock ecu ( p30-000). i have post this in my tread under hks flutter. still trying to find a way to fix this and waiting for my set of camgear, fuelpump, and 3bar befor i get it tuned. i hope my head gasket is all in working order. even though i dont feel any boost pressure. i am pretty sure if your get your car tunned it will fix your problem.

synapse missing links are great, but there not needed when your ecu is tuned, they are only needed when you are using a fmu or a hack, When you tune you can change the values that the map will see. I understand what your saying about the whole 2 sec then the cel comes on. Your looking at it like his map is seeing positive pressure from the boost. and hes throwing a cel because of that. If his ecu is tuned thats not the case.Honda maps will read around 12psi before they need upgraded to say a 2 - 3bar map

i had the same problem here. the engine go into limp mode after it reaches 5k rpm And that is with the use of a missing link and stock ecu ( p30-000). i have post this in my tread under hks flutter. still trying to find a way to fix this and waiting for my set of camgear, fuelpump, and 3bar befor i get it tuned. i hope my head gasket is all in working order. even though i dont feel any boost pressure. i am pretty sure if your get your car tunned it will fix your problem.
The best way to fix your problem is to take that FMU/missing link and throw it in the garbage. Get the car tuned.

Good news, i had a friend of mine come over to the garage over the weekend. He pulled the chip out of my p28 and read it turns out that the people before me put a stock map back into it and set boost cut at .03 lbs. He looked at injector duties and some other stuff and we got together a real good basemap. I have to buy a resistor box to wire in my 460s. But besides that we got the cip burnt and now i run 5lbs all day long with absolutely no problem. Im tryin not to max out the injectors and to be on the safe side i have my boostr cut set at like 7. Thanks fort all your input.

Back