just bought a 2000 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Oct 1 2003, 02:53 AM-->
saturn_boy96
@Sep 30 2003, 11:28 AM
exhaust and header are good. next get adjustable cam gears. then decide if you wanna stay n/a or go f/i.

Cam gears with stock cams are just as usefull as a 3 foot rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car.

hey retard, i was saying to get the adjustable camgears cause when he does decide to go n/a or f/i they will be useful. but you wouldn't bother with planning ahead now would you? maybe you should use your headers before you post :eek:

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Oct 1 2003, 04:41 PM-->
Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Oct 1 2003, 02:53 AM
saturn_boy96
@Sep 30 2003, 11:28 AM
exhaust and header are good.  next get adjustable cam gears.  then decide if you wanna stay n/a or go f/i.

Cam gears with stock cams are just as usefull as a 3 foot rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car.

hey retard, i was saying to get the adjustable camgears cause when he does decide to go n/a or f/i they will be useful. but you wouldn't bother with planning ahead now would you? maybe you should use your headers before you post :eek:

:owned:

headers...haha

Depending on where you live I would worry more about the car being stolen than making the car go faster. Because everyone knows that if it's the 99-00 si then there is a b16 in there and it is pretty damn easy to get into a Honda

I'd say take off the "DOHC Vtec" stickers on either side of the car and lose the "SI" badge.... maybe get a "EX" badge to replace it

Originally posted by seanjuan@Oct 1 2003, 06:59 PM
Depending on where you live I would worry more about the car being stolen than making the car go faster. Because everyone knows that if it's the 99-00 si then there is a b16 in there and it is pretty damn easy to get into a Honda

I'd say take off the "DOHC Vtec" stickers on either side of the car and lose the "SI" badge.... maybe get a "EX" badge to replace it

backwards RICE...

lol

Actually I think doing that would mean you could call it a............Sleeper

:D

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 1 2003, 03:38 PM-->
@Oct 1 2003, 06:59 PM

backwards RICE...

lol

Actually I think doing that would mean you could call it a............Sleeper

:D

I'm all about "ECIR"

I'm going to put my stock corners back in later this week cause I don't like the clear ones anymore. glad I only spent $15 bucks on them

but seriously
I'd pull the stickers and badging ASAP it will help you in the ultimate goal of not getting a call from the police saying they found your car on cinder blocks in a deserted alley with no engine, etc.

and I'd think about puting in a fuel kill switch too, very simple to do and then the only way it could be stolen would be to tow it away and that isn't quite as easy for most thieves

good luck with the cars though
I am really happy with my b16, yeah, I know it isn't as fast as a b18 would be but it is still way better than my d15 and I still have some money left over

later

edit: F'n page 2 <_<

get cams and a header and watch others' jaws drop when you smoke them good with your stock exhaust. :D i know someone who actually did this.

ok guys, this is my daily driver, my plans are for now have some fun and spend most of my cash on the car, mostly drag racing till it is paid for, nothing real serious just open night drags.

As far as f/i or N/A, I say N/A all the way. with no laughing gas. When the car is paid for and my 6 months left of school are over then the car can go into the garage for major plans.

Ok you guys say the Front Mount is gay, I dont really understand why, I saw the part about the pipes heating up but I am planning on thermal wrapping them to keep heat off.

I have also heard a clutch and lightweight flywheel would be my best gain. Just looking for some advice so I dont do things in the wrong order and what not

Thanks

did anyone else notice that the guy isn't even involved in this thread?

tony: with that mangled tube you get with the FMI, more bends = more restrictive flow, so all the "extra" cold air you get pretty much goes to waste. Not to mention they are gay.

liquid00meth: :rolleyes: look who posted right before you.

grifter2162: if you wanna stay n/a get the adjustable cam gears and get a set of CTR cams or something aggressive ike that. doing you valvetrain so your head can handle those revs, and then if you still wanna stay oem get some ctr pistons.

so here is what your list should look like:

CTR cams or something else aggressive
spoon, skunk2, toda camgears
CTR header or 4-1 diseign with 2.5" collector
CTR pistons or something that will yeild high compression
CAI
CTR chipped ECU or some other form of engine management.

there you go.

CTR exhaust manifold is not a 4-1, you must be thinking of the ITR manifold
if you're chipping an ecu, why do it to a CTR one? just chip a P28 those are a dime a dozen

ah, sorry i'm an idiot. i meant a chipped ecu with a CTR or similar program. because as stated they are a dime a dozen.

*add upgraded valvetrain to the list*

well since your NA go back to my suggestions for a NA setup, just be aware that your motor lacks the tq figures to pull that coupe.

Where can I find more info on the kill switches (im assuming engine and fule) B and seanjuan were talking about? How much would this stuff cost?...... It's not going on a honda though.

Back