Just Bought A Honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frank_Li

Its a 1990 hacth but I can't tell what trim model it is. It has no badge on the back. Anyway, wiped out all my savings for the car, now I have no money for prom. (I'm sure my girl won't mind :unsure: ) Anyway, the next step is to swap the engine with the money I'll get from selling my daily driver. But I'm torn between the B18A and the first gen B16A. I mean the B16 makes more power, how could it lose to a B18A? On the other hand the B18A is cheaper and I only make $90 a week. The goal is to run a 14.1 on the dragstrip, with a dry nitrous system, later in life, after I get a better job, in goes a turbo. I can't decide.

:lol: i believe that if you use your head with the b 16 you will be better off in the long run any ways, just read the specs man,

Originally posted by 95a2civic@Apr 24 2003, 02:34 AM
:lol: i believe that if you use your head with the b 16 you will be better off in the long run any ways, just read the specs man,

No he can't,it's a D series and won't accomodate a B series head.Does it have a sunroof?Is it dual point fuel injection or multi?This cn help you determine what trim it is.

ummm the 88-91 Civic hatchbacks were either a DX or Si. i am guessing its a DX. look on the block and see what the engine code is thats stamped onto it and that should give you a better clue.

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 24 2003, 02:50 AM
It's probably a CX, because those didn't have a stock badge. Anything else has a badge on it. I'm putting a B16 into my '90 hatch, if that helps at all.

Yes they do,and they weren't availible till 92.

Back