Just bought B16A for my 92 Civic VX EG, I need some help for this project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civichbd15b

Hey. I'm kinda new to the scene. I swapped my motor with a D15B and it took 9 weeks! So I kind of know a LITTLE bit about swaps. I talked to my friend who had a B18 GSR motor in his EG and he told me everything was plug-n-play no need to add anything it fits right in. So I said ok cool I'll do it. So I just bought a B16A that was taken apart. I have to put it all back together. It is very scary to me but I want to learn!!

Boy was he wrong about the easy swap. I've looked around and I have seen and heard that I would have to change my motor mounts, extend my VTEC wires, change my throttle cable, change my axles, buy a conversion for the cable tranny IF I was to buy a cable tranny.

I don't even know where to begin. I don't even know what the B16A came out of! I need some help please or just some info on where to start like documents or websites that will help me out.

The Block Code/Stamp is.....B16A 5200597

And the code on top of the block right next to the first piston is D009215407

What did this come out of? Is it OBD0 or OBD1?

He gave me the whole engine harness. But it came out of a CRX so I am hoping it is a Integra harness not a CRX harness that has been modified.

I am waiting for the guy to give me the ECU i think it is a P30 but I am hoping it is a P28.

Any help on how to even get started will be greatly appreciated.

C'mon. I know there is someone on these forums that can help me.

Like do I need driveshaft, mounts, replace my axles, halfshafts ( I don't even know what the hell that is) transmission replacement of a B series. From a 93(?) 94-01 Integra LS????

Go to Hmotorsonline.com. You already have what you have, but look at the list under a b16 complete change over. That will tell you what parts you need (for the most part) and what you already have.

look right above the exhaust ports.. the is a casting in the head.. .. the first # on the very left was the year the motor was made.. that'll help tell which obd it is.. if the intake manifold says pgmfi then its an obd0.. if not it most likely an obd1 unless it has a valve sticking out the top of the intake manifold then its obd2

Thanks

Yeah, the intake has PGMFI and I have been studying it, but however, the first 2 numbers that hit on the head is 92 which would be OBD1. Look at my first post for the Code and the Head Stamp. It could be possible that it could be mixed and matched. The motor was pulled from a wrecked Rex (CRX). The guy was doing 130 and spun around and hit a tree backwards, the engine bay suffered some damage from the car bouncing hardcore backwards in the ditch.

I was looking at hasport for the stuff. $436 for some motor mounts?! Thats ridiculous!!! I bought the motor in still running condition, engine harness with the dash harness and headlight harness attached and the ECU for $400. There is no way that I'm about to pay that much money on a swap. I was thinking $1000 absolute MAX for this swap, including that I still need a tranny.

I bought the motor to swap because I talked to a guy who works at a Honda manufacture and he has a B18 GSR swap in his EG. This thing is wicked. He told me that the motor (any B-series) would swap right into any 92-95 civic, NO MODIFICATION WHATSOEVER except for wiring the O2 sensor to be 4 wire. If it takes all this stuff (driveshaft, motor mounts, axles, halfshafts, and such then I think I will just sell the motor. It's not worth it to me to do all of this stuff to my daily driver with no other car to fall back on.

Yeah it has PGMFI reall big on the intake. Is it hard converting OBD1 vaccum lines to OBD0 or is it realy easy to just where I plug a few lines? The ECU that I got with it is supposed to be a P28 which I know would be OBD1. My new roommate has it he just hasn't moved in yet.

Yeah it has PGMFI reall big on the intake. Is it hard converting OBD1 vaccum lines to OBD0 or is it realy easy to just where I plug a few lines? The ECU that I got with it is supposed to be a P28 which I know would be OBD1. My new roommate has it he just hasn't moved in yet.
Here are some parts that you're going to need off the top of my head:
94-01 Integra rear Mount bracket
94-01 Integra Driverside upper mount
94-01 Integra or 99-00 Si shift linkage
94-01 Integra or 99-00 Si axles
P30 ECU or a chipped ecu like a P28
You can use Integra wiring harness
Also pick up some Energy Suspension motor mount inserts while they are out. Or get some window weld and fill in the stock bushings.

For the throttle cable you can reuse your stock d-series one, just have to flip the bracket over and bolt it in that way.

ok, I just took off the oil pan and I am trying to get the oil pump off. However, I can't get it off because of the spinny thing, is the only thing keeping it from coming off, it spins when the flywheel spins. What is this called? How do I get it off? Sorry please don't flame me, this is my first time actually taking a motor apart and realizing what they are as I am going. I got a D16a manual but the manual has no description of this part. I wish I could take pictures and show you guys. I will try later.

ok look i might be a lil late but im going to let u kno that u can use a del sol si rear bracket mount dats all u need to swap as far as mounts go for ur throttle cable u can use a type r throttle cable. linkages i would use 99 civic si linkages as the halfshaft u can also use one from a type r and u might also have to wire vtec from ur shell harness to ur comp.i would use the same stock mounts just reinsert them with energy or polyurethane inserts its the same thing. get them for the torque mounts too trust me ull notice the difference ohh yeah u might need a different trans torque mounts also but those shouldnt run u much just buy some used ones.buy some si coolant hoses and some clamps cuz theyre a lil bigger than the radiator holes and u should be fine. well i think dats all u need to kno ohhh and if ur b16 is from japan u might need to extend the 02 sensor wire but yea u should be good if u have anymore ?'s just send me a message.

Ok I just got the motor mounts and the ECU from the guy today. The motor mounts are Enjo Aftermarket mounts 88-91 CRX and the ECU is OBD0 PR3. Is there anybody that wants to trade me for some 93 Integra mounts or Si mounts for it? I want a P28 ECU I will trade the ECU and some money too.

Back