Just Bought My First Honda Drag Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdcrew45

Just bought my first honda today(93 civic hb). I am planning to make this a drag car. I was going to strip it down and take it to a body shop and get it painted and repaired( some minor dents). I'm also going to purchase a fiberglass front and rear bumper. While this is being done i'm trying to decide what motor to install. I was figuring if I should just buy a block and head and get all new internals instead of buying a complete engine which has a lot of stuff that I don't need or do I? does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

buuy a complete swap. you'll be happier in the end

what kind of engine do you want to run--->n/a(h22), forced induction(b18c1, h22), or nitrous(?)

Yea,you really need to decide if you're going N/A or boost of some kind,and how much you're willing to spend.

why are you doing body work on a track car? :bash:

its not a show car
fast cars are dented up

:werd:

Go to an SCCA miata race...Every one of the miatas is messed up, dented and completly bondoed or dinged back into a kinda miata shape.

What is your Horsepower goal? N/A or Boost? Kinda important.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 13 2003, 01:12 AM
why are you doing body work on a track car? :bash:

its not a show car
fast cars are dented up

werd . . . thanks for the props B. if dented cars are fast my CX must be faster than your sol :p

Back