just completed b16 swap.........problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90crxb16a

I have read that the four blinks on the ecu are the destributor.

so i just spent a week on my swap and got the car fired up and i was not about to let four blinks keep me from my first spin.

i drove around for about 5-10 minutes to let the car "get primed" (the check engine lite is on and the batery light is on on the cluster).........so i should park it and figure out the next day(11:00 o-clock at night)...NOT

i find a good street and let her have it, lites up the tires nicely- vtec kicks in, going in to secound turns the tires up a little more then THUNK the whole cars electrical system dies. competly dead.

i coasted home (lucky me).......... i will tackel these problems tomorrow.

any suggestions would be awsome, i will check the grounds. im not sure why the batery light would come on? bad alternator???

mike

Have you tried using a fresh battery? It sounds more like ur ecu is blown. I would check it. If its throwing a constant one flash then its toast.

-Justin

>>>>>>i had the knock sensor and the eacv sensor reversed, due.<<<<<<<

also i am stupid because the code from the ecu was 14 not 4, i no read so good!!!!

they use the same plugs and can reach each other.

car runs great now except it wont hold a charge and the battery light stayes on(time for a new alternator)

if that goes well i will be riding her hard this week

Back