Just curious

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I was removing some of the 'unecessary' parts to my air intake in my 91 crx and I noticed a container right before the airbox and filter. I was wondering what the use in this container was? is it how they reduce the noise? Just curious as to what the practical use of a container that holds air is.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure you're talking about a resonator, and it pretty much keeps the intake quiet.

pull that sucker out...who cares about your resonator. you might have to remove some plastic shielding under the front passenger side (if your driving hasn't already ripped it off like mine). also make sure to chuck that retarded snorkel.

I thought only Delorians had flux capacitors. Then again they can go back in time too......
I did take it off and it sounds awesome. Even though its a real old HF engine. it still sounds mean. My driving took of the dust shield on the other side off and this one is being held up by a zip-tie right now :) It does leave a hole going straight to the outside of the car. (from the engine bay to right in front of the tire well) where the resonator was. should I worry about this or is this a good thing allowing the intake to suck air from outside instead of the radiator. BTW I had an Si radiator in an HF, so the intake was pulling air from on top of the radiator instead of beside it. Whoops!

Back