Just Curious...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ha ha, homer kinda looks like his avatar....

I don't know, if your worried about height, then your wasting your time and its not true. If it really is something nothing really matters. First impressions go along way but chemistry goes alot further.

I was 4'11" tall entering High School. My idiot mother in an effort to apparently cheer me up..(I dunno she is evil enough to want to add to my napoleonic complex)..mentioned a woman friend of the family who is about 5' tall and married to a very nice, and fairly handsome dwarf...My mom says, well look at Ann, she says she loved being short, that way she could date short guys OR tall guys. WTF??!! does that mean mom thought I should re-orient my tendancies towards the less fair sex or was she merely rubbing in the fact that most girls prefer to look up to a guy at least in stature if not in character??

I am now 5'8" tall and was not at all intimidated on my wedding day when my 5'5' wife wore 4 1/2 inch stilleto heels...(heels...mmm).

I am also the father of two boys and 2.5 girls. the smallest of the girls is more than short enough to date "short OR tall boys, when I allow that sort of thing in say 20 years or so. My oldest boy had the genetic benifit (as far as height) of not having any genetic contribution from me. My youngest boy is quite short, very cute and has a keen eye for arranging things.

tall has to do with how your pituitary works through puberty. you can actually 'push' the body into growing a bit at the right times in life with the right foods and nutrients.

i'm 5'0" and i lost out on that... but my kiddos are actually a bit taller even though the father is 5'5"

although, to be honest, tein girl, i've had guys tell me short girls are hot, just like some prefer tall girls. i've heard the 'admire a tall girl, desire a small girl' but i'm sure it works both ways!

it all depends on the guy. some actually find it intimidating if a girl is taller, or that it shows they are inferior if she's taller. however, if i dated a guy who was 6'2" it would look way odd.

although, my current is 5'10" so, i dunno.

while we're at it... why don't we tell them if size really does matter or not.... :wink: j/k

Quoted post[/post]]
tall has to do with how your pituitary works through puberty. you can actually 'push' the body into growing a bit at the right times in life with the right foods and nutrients.

i'm 5'0" and i lost out on that... but my kiddos are actually a bit taller even though the father is 5'5"

although, to be honest, tein girl, i've had guys tell me short girls are hot, just like some prefer tall girls. i've heard the 'admire a tall girl, desire a small girl' but i'm sure it works both ways!

it all depends on the guy. some actually find it intimidating if a girl is taller, or that it shows they are inferior if she's taller. however, if i dated a guy who was 6'2" it would look way odd.

although, my current is 5'10" so, i dunno.

while we're at it... why don't we tell them if size really does matter or not.... :wink: j/k

Ha How about we don't go there^ we're just asking for trouble!
And thats rather interesting about the pituitary gland.... i had no idea!
This sucks... i had to come home early and put my car up we have a "tornado/hail warning" uh oh... its heading right for rikoshea!

Doesn't matter at all to me.

I'm 6'2 and my girl is 5'5. She thinks she's short, yet I think she fits perfectly into my arms.

jamie...i dont care what these guys say...yes it matters...im feelin a lil awkward about persuing a 5'9 girl...cause im 5'9 If shes wearing shoes, it just seems wierd.

Quoted post[/post]]
I was 4'11" tall entering High School. My idiot mother in an effort to apparently cheer me up..(I dunno she is evil enough to want to add to my napoleonic complex)..mentioned a woman friend of the family who is about 5' tall and married to a very nice, and fairly handsome dwarf...My mom says, well look at Ann, she says she loved being short, that way she could date short guys OR tall guys. WTF??!! does that mean mom thought I should re-orient my tendancies towards the less fair sex or was she merely rubbing in the fact that most girls prefer to look up to a guy at least in stature if not in character??

I am now 5'8" tall and was not at all intimidated on my wedding day when my 5'5' wife wore 4 1/2 inch stilleto heels...(heels...mmm).

I am also the father of two boys and 2.5 girls. the smallest of the girls is more than short enough to date "short OR tall boys, when I allow that sort of thing in say 20 years or so. My oldest boy had the genetic benifit (as far as height) of not having any genetic contribution from me. My youngest boy is quite short, very cute and has a keen eye for arranging things.

Oh my god, I thought I was the only one to enter high school shorter than 5 foot. But yeah, same - I grew 8 inches after that.

height doesnt matter. i'm 5'6", sabrina is 5'9".

6'1. my girl is 5'7. I haven't ever dated someone taller, but if she was good looking, I'd probably date her. I'm skin deep though when it comes to my dating policies. Hot girls only.

As far as just about same height, my ex was 5'10, and he said that he loved it since we were right at eye level with each other.

Im not sure why I was thinking about this, but one thing that was so cool about Bob physically was...he wore a size 17 shoe!

17....GOOD LORD........Now it all becomes clear :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
Im just curious...Does height really matter?
I ask this cause I am a fairly tall person... at 5'9-'10
I have a good friend that has been after me for a little over a year and he is 5'7 and he swears that height doesnt matter...
By no means am I going to go out with him or whatever... Im just courious to what you guys think because we have been debating at this for some time now.

Sounds like it matters more to you than to him. I don't think I could see myself with a chic that's as tall/taller than I am. But it depends really.

ryan- she's skinnier than a swizzle stick. 5'11" and only 115? I weigh 100 and i'm 11 inches shorter... that's not good man...

lol

i haven't had any big age differences... my ex's grandfather was married to 2 different women (not at the same time, mind you), both of them were 30 years his junior.

one of my buddies is dating a girl who's 32, and he's only 19.

Quoted post[/post]]
ryan- she's skinnier than a swizzle stick. 5'11" and only 115? I weigh 100 and i'm 11 inches shorter... that's not good man...

lol

i haven't had any big age differences... my ex's grandfather was married to 2 different women (not at the same time, mind you), both of them were 30 years his junior.

one of my buddies is dating a girl who's 32, and he's only 19.

A girl?! thats a grown ass woman! lol

wow... i didnt notice that his girl was 115 @ 5'11...dang that doesnt sound too healthy at all!

5'1 115....thats usually my target height and very few of them with above 110. The last girl was 5'6...120...that was just a fluke.

i, too, like shorter girls, i dunno why. mine is 5'0, 120.. in her bra. but generally i find shorter girls more attractive.

What size are those tig obitties? I am 5'8" and the woman is 5'2'' I think its a good height difference and we fit well together. I prefer shorter woman myself.

Back