Just finished my first website

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea, the watermark thing is a tradeoff i guess. I've thought about putting a large one on there, but I just can't justify doing it. The pics on my site are 800px on the long end so it's not really good enough quality to do anything with. Like Jeffie said, they can usually be taken out. At best, I'd make a determined "thief" of my photo have to spend some time in PS, at worst, I could lose the interest of someone who might have been interested in a purchase because the watermark was too distracting. Ive pretty much accepted the fact that if someone wants to steal my photo they will. The one thing that I've thought may be good to do is something similar to the transparent .gif that Flickr did so that people couldn't right-click and save the photo. That would probably deter most people, and if someone wanted to show someone else my photo, they would probably just end up linking to the page, which is fine with me.

BTW, cool shot Jeff, is that in a subway station?

Well I sort of fixed the menu bar issue. I changed one of the CSS rules so that the submenu is the same width as the top and centered the text. In the end, I actually like this better than narrowing the menus and spacing them out.

I also just tried out the idea about using a transparent gif to cover the photos. It should work for the most cases where someone just tries to copy the link location.

Last edited:
I like it. Love the photography. I didn't read the whole thread untill AFTER I tried setting one of your photos as a wallpaper.

Back