just finished my stock oem rebuild h23 vtec DYNO INSIDE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i am back from the dyno.
we spent most of the time their problem solving.
with the changes i made the car started pinging very hard on the dyno
i took out the plugs and the tips were red hot and very clean
the engine needs ALOT more fuel. the danm thing pinged everywhere
i ended up retarting the timing and disconnected the vacume hose to the fuel pressure reg. now their is still a slight ping at the low rpms.
we never got a clean run out of her but i am so happy i took the trip because my engine is running ALOT safer than before.
i made more hp with the filter on than before but it still wasn't a clean run and it need s to be dyno tuned.
i am going to have to add a fuel pressure reg and a fuel pump to the list.
the tune was dead on before and since their is more air getting in my tune is thrown off alot. also i might have to put a exhaust on the car to help relieve the pressure in the cylinders quicker. we will see if i can come up with a quiet solution
i understand when they say the pinging pounds on the bearings because the engine feels alittle looser than before.

maybe next month i will be back to get it dyno tuned

one thing i can say is i am happy i didnt drive around with it like that to long

i fixed my problem
the fuel pressure reg made a big difference
now i am running rich and the vacume hose is connected
its at 13.9 at idle and 12.8 at part throttle and 11.5-12 full throttle.
i had it tuned with the wrong fuel pressure reg.
this changes things. we thought the injectors were almost maxed out.
i installed the fuel rail but never changed the reg
car runs good now, just alittle rich and with less timing(safe)
still feels stronger
now it ready for another tune, maybe next week

Nice numbers out of an oem h23. Once you get it all peiced together and tuned right you should put down some serious power and awesome torque. Gotta love 2.3 liters!

I just gapped the plugs to .035 and added some more timing back to the engine.
the plugs looked very clean even tho it running very rich. 11:5.1 at wot.
good news, the timing is almost back to normal and not one ping so its ready to go and get a dyno tune.
i love 2.3 liters

I hate to disagree with you here cause you seem on edge about your build, BUT, you're buying a lot of parts hoping its the fix and it isnt. I'm not going to explain it becuase I know it will fall on deaf ears, but read more......

I am just looking for a quiet reliable safe daily driver engine. i am not looking for max hp output. i didnt even spent any money on aftermarket parts except for a throttle body and a k&n factory airbox drop in filter.
would be nice to see over 200 wheel hp with everything quiet but its ok if i dont.
so far the main problem was having the accord fuel pressure regulator on the car.
with the oem automatic obd2 cams the engine didn't need as much gas so it wasn't noticed. when i switch to the jdm cams which were noticably larger and it started pinging.
outside of that i have put 1900 miles on her and she runs great.

i havent noticed any other problems yet

I hate to disagree with you here cause you seem on edge about your build, BUT, you're buying a lot of parts hoping its the fix and it isnt. I'm not going to explain it becuase I know it will fall on deaf ears, but read more......

I Dont mind advise or opinions at all. but just know that its my choice weither to take it or not.
some people just dont like rejection.
please speak your mind, my ears are always open as long as you dont wish me bad luck or pray for my down fall im OK

No one is praying for your downfall B.I.G. :roll:

You just will not take a step back and read some theory on what you're doing.

i have spoke to Chris at Xenocron(my tuner) and he said my fuel injecter's were pretty muched maxed out at alittle over 90% with the old air filter, cams and fuel pressure reg. so when i installed the new parts without changing the fuel pressure(i totally forgot)i got a engine full of pings.
next week we going to try for a new and first dyno tune.
i guess well see how much he acan get out of her and smoothen out the curves with the parts on their. car is faster than before as it is so i know its only going to get better. any suggestion before i head to the dyno fo my final tune untill the mid to late summer, i am all ears:eek:

Back