just finished swap... wont start...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSi86

Fatty
Hey guys i have an 86 CRX Si. i just finished swapping in the JDM ZC motor. i got all the wiring and vacuum hooked up. i have a problem though. i heard it is possible to use a stock Si ecu to run this motor, but im starting to not believe it. I went to start it and no fuel is getting to the motor. the fuel pump doesnt turn on. the PGM-FI light doesnt do the system check when i turn the key on. and the injectors arent firing. but they all have power getting to them. would this be an ECU problem? also, if it helps i did spray throttle body cleaner directly into the IM and it started and sputtered a few times. so i know it will run... just need fuel.

yeh, that site is my bible... lol im just tryin to get some diff. feedback on what people think... thanks man.

Check your main relay. I had that happen to me in my 87 civic and the main relay was no good. That is what controls the fuel pump not the ecu

Yes The Main Relay. But Why? Either You Blew It With A Short Circuit Or Messed With The Wiring As To Grounds. Is There Ground On Tranny On Engine And If All Plugs To Their Destinations. The Si Ecu Should Work!;)

Try hittin the damn thing too, honda relays always get loose from the inside when temp is hot. if it sometimes work and sometimes wont then you know its the relay ,unless its completely fried turkey then you cant really tell until you replace it

Buy a new one if you plan to keep the car for its lifetime or buy used for the meantime to get it running and see if it's running good. GOOD LUCk on car!;)

No the main relay wasnt shorted it just gave up from sitting for the winter. Moisture or something. Mine has done it twice. The second one I just resoldered all of the points on the circuit bord. It works good now. My buddy has a 91 crx that did the same thing as well. Good luck.

the main relay should have not have gotten moisture or anything this relay is the vital resistor to turn on fuel pump and have fuel pressure. Anyways glad you found the culprit;)

Back