!!!Just got a 89 civic hatch project!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda123

So, Im new to this forum and I am very excited to say I just got a 89 civic hatch.

The goods on it are: 95 d16z6 out of a civic si with Onsoku cam, Skunk 2 intake manifold, aftermarket headers (forgot brand), Dome forged pistons, Hardened rods, Aem fuel rail, Greddy exhaust, I guess you could call this good but some of you dont, It has a bodykit but it needs cosmetic work. Lots of extra aftermaket gauges. Spoon chip.

The Bads: Body kit needs work, Exhaust needs muffler, engine needs wiring and stuff hooked up, Inside is Gutted and I mean GUTTED, No seats panels or anything. If you guys can help me get a hold of some of these pieces I would be grateful. One more bad the Cold air intake got stolen =(

I will post pics in a bit, but please dont nag me about how it looks riced out, really i could care less as long as its fast and its dependable =)
Also can you guys tell me what you think its worth with those upgrades and I know its hard to tell without seeing it, and also this will be my first honda!

Last edited:
Hey guys,
so i havent taken pics yet but I have a question.
I can get it to turn over quick but i dont think its getting fuel because It doesnt sound like it is.
It has a spoon chip and i think its set for 4500rpms but i just can seem to get it running...Is there a step by step troubleshoot for this?
Any would be appreciated.

Sorry to sound like a complete noob, but whats the best way to check for fuel?
I dont know what type of chip it is but I also have a brand new chip and another complete ecu. It runs when I give it some carb cleaner but dies when I stop =( .
Also It does have fuel in it because I put some in, do you think its the fuel filter or fuel pump? maybe something in the system is clogged?

i usually just take the fuel line of the fuel rail and have somebody turn the key to "on" real quick and if gas comes out it getting fuel. though there are a couple other ways. as for the fuel pump you should be able to hear it engaging when you turn your key. itll make a faint humming sound

usually when it runs only when you feed it carb cleaner or something its either the fuel pump, or the relay. check to make sure you're getting power at the pump and proceed frm there based on your finding.

Back