Just got a Clean EF HB for $75!!!! Im going to spend the money I saved for...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UnluckyOne

Its clean exterior well used interior. Its a DX, and I already have everything to DPFI->MPFI this will be my second EF.

After that though, I can't decide between a d16, b18, or b20. My friend had a buddy who ran a high 14 with the b20 with a port/polished head. My only goal is to have a fun car that keeps up on the interstate and can fly round the hills in South Dakota.

I already am good on information, I just want people who have the b20 and b18 to give me their input and how they feel about their cars?

my buddy also had cheap coilovers and ripped axles like no other...if I got good coilovers would that prevent that?

I've driven a B20 EF HB, and I can tell you that my D15B(D16Z6 equivilent) HB is faster ;) A lot of torque, but not much HP(around the same as a B16 IIRC). The stock 5-spd "LS" transmission doesn't help either.

my buddys 91 si with a b18a1/LS trans runs a 13.7 and its stock internally and my 91 dx w/ JDM b18b and built y1 trans runs mid 12s on street tires 11.7 on slicks. really depends on what your building for. mine's a n/a drag car in progress.

no ef with ls motor is gonna run 11's my lil bro car is 91 crx fully gutted with 12.1 ratio type r motor running race fuel and ran 12.5 110mph so i dont think all motor ls is gonna do that.

no ef with ls motor is gonna run 11's my lil bro car is 91 crx fully gutted with 12.1 ratio type r motor running race fuel and ran 12.5 110mph so i dont think all motor ls is gonna do that.
On slicks or street tires?

Traction makes a huge difference...

jdm b16 tranny with lsd ran those times with nittos 555r street slicks.:D :D :D

oh i'm sure it's been done before, especially since it is a civic. i will say that they make gas mileage suck when i street drive it, which is daily.

I have a 89 hatch with a stock B18A1 and we just finished my boys 90 4door with JDM B20B. We are pretty much dead even on the street. Hes got about $2500 in his car, I've got about $750 in mine. We both have full exhaust and intake, fuel rails and other odds an ends. I have a YS1 trans his is a Y1 and I can tell you his is always posi while mine loves to 1 tire fire a lot. Go buy a good running B18 and slap it in, then beat the shit out of it. It worked for me.

wtf? 11's in an ls? soo im guessing my 2.0gsr making 230whp is supposed to run 10's? well even if the car was fully gutted, you would still have to be making close to 200 without vtec, on a 1.8 block? dude. . . . that ones iffy, not saying impossible, but iffy.

my friends b20vtec on itb's put down like 193 with ctr cams, im using skunk2 cams. . . any more info you care to relate?

ive never seen a dyno of an all motor LS (1.8) making that much power, ive seen them do it on boost or spray. . . but never all motor, the most ive seen one put down was like 160-170?

Gearing dude. All your transmission is, is a torque multiplier to get engine power to the ground. It isn't all about brute force. :)

yep, it is in fact all about the gearing, that and traction, i barely bark the tires on slicks. the only thing left for me to gut on the car is the glass, door panels and the top half of the dash. I plan on getting the car weighed the next time i go to MIR.

thats interesting. . . but still you have to make some kinda power. . . or just have really really tall gears, like above itr im guessing

Back