Just got an Electric Car 56k bites

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There were only 2 small things with the car they failed to mention, that too the original pics didn't show the rear shelf was cracked but the drivers door. I may decide to pursue them replacing it.
IMG_0439.jpg

Here is the driver window seal seated improperly, needs set back in.
IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Loaded up on the trailer, manual tells me its not supposed to be loaded like that, I found that out afterwards in the manual. It front wheel drive though, and the deal said it's fine to tow it like that. I'll check out the rear end and if theres any issues they're gonna hear it.
IMG_0444.jpg

Reference of my friend Joe, F150 and Zenn.
IMG_0443.jpg

Random prison in NY, I think
IMG_0448.jpg

Just as a random note. I loaded up a friend of mine who is quite large, like 6'4"ish, and 300lbs+? He's big, the car didn't have any really significant drop in power on flat ground.

Also the car tiled to one side minimally, My crx and metro titled more, under both stock and aftermarket suspension on the crx. Needless to say, if he was in my CRX it would scrape on almost any uneven road with him in.

I think some of you are missing the boat in relation to NEV's. They are not a replacement for vehicles with the intent of going long distances. That is what your hybrids are for. I know around where I am from Madison WI they are becoming popular for running around town to do small errands. Some of the rural/smaller towns and suburbs are really starting to welcome them. People are using them to run to the grocery store and things like that. Hell I would rock one to run around town - I would not however drive one to work as I work in another city or on the highway.

I like the interior styling of that car, well except for the central gauge cluster and that little bit of wood grain. Of course, a car like that would be much better off with a boosted 'busa motor in it like ppl do to smart cars. :)

I think some of you are missing the boat in relation to NEV's. They are not a replacement for vehicles with the intent of going long distances. That is what your hybrids are for. I know around where I am from Madison WI they are becoming popular for running around town to do small errands. Some of the rural/smaller towns and suburbs are really starting to welcome them. People are using them to run to the grocery store and things like that. Hell I would rock one to run around town - I would not however drive one to work as I work in another city or on the highway.

yeah thats awesome! but there is only one road (in my town) that has a 25mph limit :rolleyes:

to give you a perspective of that there are 60K people in my little town.

id drive it, thats pimp shit, would save me gas runnin to the bank and grocery store and shit. altho here the speed limit is 35 mph on the main road here so i would prolly be in trouble there but thats pretty pimp none the less.

Just tell work your car won't start and plug it in there. :p

And if your in TOWN chances are your going to hit red light after red light so who cares about the 25mph for a grocery getter.

yeah thats awesome! but there is only one road (in my town) that has a 25mph limit :rolleyes:

to give you a perspective of that there are 60K people in my little town.

These things are legal on roads 35mph or less, checking local and state laws is also recommended.:ph34r:

As a side note, this thing is both an attention whore, and chick magnet^_^

Last edited:
Random event along the trip
Swore twice sooo language content.

I'm not sure, but from the looks of it the guys shoe was smoking?

you would have to zoom in, quality wasn't that good on the camera, but from what I could see, only his shoe was smoking and nothing on the ground.

...i'm a huge fan of electric cars, but maybe more like a crx with a torque monster ac induction motor that can take some k20's to the cleaner...

Electric motors have gobs of torque at 0 rpm. at 1 rpm and above, it falls STEEPLY down to about the Vespa.

So it will move the wheels, but it won't ever smoke the tires or anything.

Electric motors have gobs of torque at 0 rpm. at 1 rpm and above, it falls STEEPLY down to about the Vespa.

So it will move the wheels, but it won't ever smoke the tires or anything.

Acceleration isn't too bad, but I believe it is being limited by the controller thats also limiting the top speed. Once the title comes in the mail I will go ahead and remove the limiter and find out what it can really do.

Got a bit of an update. Got about 150 miles on it so far going well.

Theres only a few small problems and things I had to work around.

1. Ground plug on the car is a bit loose sometimes causing an error on the charger, it only happens when you first plug it in.
2. Recommends a GFI switch to be installed on the outlet its using.
3. Recommends its on 15amp breaker in the breaker box.

I even got a little bit more information on the original chassis, that uses a gas engine.

Microcar MC1/MC2

Manufactures website.
Microcar - A new way to drive
Parts Book MC1, may have to click on it twice to work
http://www.jofrab.se/commercePortal...&markeBesk=Microcar&modell=MC1&modellBesk=MC1
Parts Book MC2, may have to click on it twice to work
http://www.jofrab.se/commercePortal...&markeBesk=Microcar&modell=MC2&modellBesk=MC2
Ebay auction
2006 MICROCAR MC2 DYNAMIC 4SEATER on eBay, also, Other Cars, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 03-Jul-08 14:46:57 BST)

These cars were "highway capable" with their original engine. Once the warranty is up with Zenn I'm considering setting up a rear seat, and maybe upgrading the motor a bit. I still need to remove the speed limiter though. If someone can find the breakdown for the 4 seater model I would love to get a hold of those for the mounting points on the seat/seatbelts.

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

JAY D Em pose.. Well its really EDM

IMG_0474.jpg

I think i need to free up space in the garage.

IMG_0477.jpg

Plenty of room in the back to either setup a seat or for just about anything.

IMG_0478.jpg

Theres these 2 batteries up front, and 4 in a box underneath the car in the back

IMG_0482.jpg

Electric motor and transmission. I will be adding some venting holes to the motor since it is fully sealed. This will help prolong life by keeping it cooler.

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

What I don't get it is the rear brakes are drilled and slotted, but he front are.

Also these disk brakes are a little bit bigger than the ones you find on bicycles.

W0000

its now inspected and completely legit :D.

Now I can modify it..

but first i need to check with warranty to fix my random charging issue. It seems to stop just before it gets a full charge and gives me a red light. 3 red flashes on time. and 6 red flashes another.

Just got the software and serial for the controller.
eBay Motors: Feel Good Cars Zenn 35 MPH Programming Software Kit (item 130232192048 end time Jun-26-08 06:47:52 PDT)

When it arrives i will give an update on everything.

However tonight I will be getting a metal punch to ventilate the motor since it is sealed and it gets warm under heavy use. After that the grille will be opened up a bit for additional ventilation. I'll post some pics of this tonight or tomorrow morning assuming I get to it.

yes it would open it up to dirt and things, but placing small holes should keep the larger debris out.

I've been looking around, mostly all of their motors are open other than this one. That too the placement seems it wont really get dirty. Its up high enough that nothing kicked up really gets up there.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

I had to cut the plastic a bit to have room to do this, that tab was not coming out. Nothing seems to get up in this area, believe me I have tried, so I would say it s safe for me to cut it.

It seems to run a little bit cooler because the overheat light hasn't come one since. Up a few hills that I would drop down to 17ish on a full charge, I managed to keep a steady 19mph on about a 70% charge.

Back