Just got B18C1 for 92 Civic HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

ok its a 99 gsr engine, its obd-2, and i have and obd-1 p72 ecu, what should i do? i have an obd-1 car and im confused on what should i do? should i get an obd-2 ecu or can i get some wire harnesses?.. please help

When i had my 2000 ex coupe, i could not change out my ecu for another obd2 ecu. It might plug right in but if it doesnt, you will need an OBD2-OBD1 wiring harness for like $130. Then the ecu should plug in after that. It will be worth it. Try to get the ecu chipped before you put it in. Everybody tells me that you can get a ecu chip and take it down to a TV repair shop and they will put it in. Thats just what i have herd about the TV shop, dont know anybody who has ever done it though.

the motor will work with some wiringmods in the engine bay and the ecu will run it fine and it will plug right up the the car harness....

Originally posted by illmatik@Dec 4 2003, 04:43 PM
ok its a 99 gsr engine, its obd-2, and i have and obd-1 p72 ecu, what should i do? i have an obd-1 car and im confused on what should i do? should i get an obd-2 ecu or can i get some wire harnesses?.. please help

I had the same problem. Well, it's not really a problem... all you have to do is sell the obd2 engine harness and buy an obd1. That's the simplest cleanest way to do it. The obd2 harness will not just plug in.

Originally posted by illmatik@Dec 5 2003, 11:23 AM
any more help?

Well you can always re-pin the OBD2 harness. This means taking the wire loom off and tracing each wire to it's sensor and putting it in the right spot on the molex plug. Or you can buy an entire obd2 under-dash harness and buy the obd2 ecu also. Or you can buy the obd1 engine harness from a 94-95 GSR. If you buy an EX harness you will have to modify it to fit.

WTF? are you guys trying to confuse this poor guy? Hell no an OBD 2 ecu will not plug into an OBD1 engine harness. The plugs are totally different. Just get an OBD2 to OBD1 ECU adapter harness. That will be the easiset and cheapest way to do it. They are about $130 @ www.jdmhondaparts.com Shit, new GSR engine harness from honda, costs over $500, why the fuck would you want to do that? I'd rather have OBD1 anyway, cause it's easier to tune.

will my ac from my d series motor fit? or should i get an integra AC? also should i get a new radiator?

Listen to 1sikEH2, his solution is the simplest one. Use the OBD I ECU since it will plug right into your car, then get the right wiring harness for the motor.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Dec 5 2003, 12:24 PM
WTF? are you guys trying to confuse this poor guy? Hell no an OBD 2 ecu will not plug into an OBD1 engine harness. The plugs are totally different. Just get an OBD2 to OBD1 ECU adapter harness. That will be the easiset and cheapest way to do it. They are about $130 @ www.jdmhondaparts.com Shit, new GSR engine harness from honda, costs over $500, why the fuck would you want to do that? I'd rather have OBD1 anyway, cause it's easier to tune.

dude did u read any of this thread??

neways you can buy a used obd1 94-95 GSR harness at a salvage yard for less than $150.

The best option would be to use that OBD1 P72 ECU with a Used OBD1 GSR harnes, and then stick on an OBD1 Distributer. This way it will be easier to tune if you decide to go all out, and you will be happy you don't have to deal with two O2 plugs. What do you guys think?

Ian

should i just spend $110 on the OBD-2 to OBD-1 engine harness??? wouldnt that be the easiest thing??

Back