just got back from DOF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
well, sorta. i sucked ass.

hard.

the line up:

me, grey 240sx
clayton- red 260z
bill- bmw 328is
the dude (sorry, i forgot yoru name.. mike i think?)- green 89 crx

all the other cars were other dudes there that we really don't know.

bill had a couple real drifts going on.

clayton got together with the muffin man and made the donuts :D j/p y0, i didn't do any better.... and i had tires that weren't 2 decades old, suspension thats 4 months old vs 30 yr old shocks....

and we also went with a crx-- with an ebrake that hardly worked. but hey, seat tiem is seat time.

I'm ripping the vid now.

anyway, on the way there it was hell. 5mph for like 30 miles through NYC over the george washington bridge.

drfited out.

saw a del sol that i swore was E's car....

black sol, 5 lug, stock acura wheels...

but wait, no dent in the rear from rte 17 :) took a quick shot of that for E- his twin car cousin or something.

blew up my kumhoes on the 2nd lap. now i remember why they cost $36 each. what fucking garbage. pics are in the vid.

swapped the wheels to my spare set.
went out again

fuck, now im pushing- old tires p front, new on the back.
ok, greab the ebrake to help me get around a little bit

seazed.

fuck.

limp back to the pits full throttle almost just to fight the lock up of the ebrake.

pit crew style bill and clayton work on it for me- they tell me to put my helmet on and get back in the car, so that i can make my second lap of the heat.

turns out to be more than just a stuck caliper...

crods of the khumoe were al over it and the axel- ripped those off, ok, that wheels spins free- but fuck, my ebrake still has no tention.
drop that side down, jack up the other side, rip off the wheel. cluprit.

looks like the ebrake cable it self got stuck somewhere.

jdm fix- remove the ebrake cable.

got it all set, but i missed my run. oh well.

then, i die as we leave. my battery was all caked up with shit. gotta geta new terminal tomorrow

and since i blew through my set of tires, i drifted on my brand new set on my spare rims... bad idea.
i got massive uneven wear. i was figthing the ass ed walking on me the whole way back from E-town.

but were all home safe, i blew up the Vince Lombardi rest stop on 95's shitter, and we had a good time :)

I also want to take the time to say thanks to bill, clayton, and the dude with the crx who's name escapes me at the moment for helping me out today with all my troubles. i would probably still be in jersey on the phone with tripple A if you guys weren't with me. thanks for that.

link:

please save as- and share with your friends via AIM.. etc so everyone doesn't download it and own our limited resources left here...

https://hondaswap.com/vids/DOF7-9-04.wmv 34MB

mirrors happily accepted :)

if anyone wants the full uncut 130+ MB file, ask me for it on im or something.. i can't possibly host that.

glad you guys had a good time. next weekend im getting teh seat for brie's car from tits down in jersey. then i can make it to a DO W or F lol :D

Cant wait to come up and watch you guys at etown. Ill make sure I bring all my tools incase theres problems like that again!

Looks like a ton of fun man. Clayton still needs a car with suspension :(

I just watched the video and DAMN IT I should have went lol It just hit me that My wheels are coming in later this week so..... I could care less about my stock rubbers... ohwell

I had to test for the GED today anyways =(

I love how you pushed the kuhmos "KHUMOS SUCK!"

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 10 2004, 12:07 PM
Looks like a ton of fun man. Clayton still needs a car with suspension :(

yup :(

But the Z will have the full poly bushings, 4 tokico Illumina's with full adjustability, and Ground Control lowering stiff springs....I just got to find the time to install them....and it will also get a Fuel injected race built motor with oversized pistons, cam, and electronic ignition....so the Z will be able to take out anything....and also some sweet tires thanks to FFciv... :)

But after all that is installed....the Z will be retired again...now the the AE86 is about a day from coming on line and starting..... :ph34r:

cool shit!

the finger tracing of teh track map was way fucking funny!!! (so was the plumbers crack, but that was kinda gross..)

haha nice tire B, looked like shit loads of fun... and that ass crack was just ... disturbing.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 12 2004, 12:05 AM
haha nice tire B, looked like shit loads of fun... and that ass crack was just ... disturbing.

hhehehe= thats aij0ckey :)

i'm still waiting for the vid to dl onto my work computer (shhh) i don't have internet at the new house yet. . . friday was sweet and if anyone wants some good drift tires go with continental contisports . . . yeah my tires had like no tread left when we went down and the help up great :)

MORE VIDS

damn...I do have major body roll....and a big ass :blink:

Welp...they say you should learn how to drift on stock suspention before you upgrade....hehe...I can't wait to upgrade.... :ph34r:

Back