Just got back from the dyno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Well, I was passing by the only place here in town that has a dyno, and said screw it, why not. There is no torque figures, and they don't have wideband o2 capabilities, so I was SOL there. But, it was about $50 for two runs, so I can't complain. The first run was with my VAFC at intial settings, no corrections, 112Kw or in American terms 154WHP@7600. pretty ok for a B16A with bolt ons, but then he offered the second run at 10 euro, so I said ok, and jumped in and added +2 to the fuel all the way across the rpm range and vtec is already set at 5400 L->H, so now the second run, well, it turned out good as I picked up power all the way across the powerband all the way to 8000rpms, with a final result of 155WHP@8000rpms.

Sorry for the big pics....(and the foreign dyno chart)

s403dde011adc3.jpg

s403dde18dbbba.jpg

Nice jump when vtec enages :)

what the fuck does that say? lol

good deal though. whp power from the crank rating. not bad at all

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 26 2004, 01:08 PM
what the fuck does that say? lol

good deal though. whp power from the crank rating. not bad at all

Haha, that's what I said, so he wrote it out and showed me the formula on the otherside,I still was like :huh:

Originally posted by integraslut78@Feb 26 2004, 02:31 PM
Not bad, do you have any after market parts on?

Apex intake, DC 4-2-1 header, Carsound cat, Apex WS cat-back, Exedy clutch, and VAFC.

I've got CTR cams on the way though :)

Ok guys, I'm a retard. 1PS = 1.013Hp, not the other way around, so in reality it is 155whp :(

Damnit, now I need 5hp, CTR cams where are yooooooou?

Well, loss through emissions and drivetrain is what 12-15%, so I figure 15-24hp(no previous dyno to compare to, could be less) isn't to bad, but I am on the prowl for a C4 (EDM C1) or C6(EDM C5) block to slap the B16A's head on :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 2 2004, 08:13 AM
My oh my, look what came in da mail today :)...

s40447990c0e05.jpg

You got some pretty big bumps on your shaft. You may want to get those checked out.

Back