just got back from the track

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i have an crx lsvtec, i/h/e, 9.8:1 cr, 93 gsr rims with used 185/70/14 tires, stock ls shocks w/ dropzone coilovers the worst suspention on the planet....

got no grip first .... it gripped 5k in 2nd...... anyway here are the numbers

r/t .440
60 2.583
330 6.662
1/8 9.881
mph 77.12
1000 12.631
1/4 14.966
mph 96.11

this was the first time ever on a real drag track......i dont think i did too bad....i could do better i know:(

my tokicos and H&R springs come in tommorrow and i got my B&M short shifter today....i'm going to buy some nice tires....just dont know what to get for the 14"

the header is a focuz $100 egay special and i have 2" bent exhaust.... i've decided to forget the turbo and get ceramic coated pr3 pistons (again) and 2.5" bent exhaust .....with a rocket cam kit ....and maybe a nicer header....

what do you guys think????????? any thoughts are welcome

Your 60' nees a LOT of work. I bet with some practice and decent tires you could get that down a lot lower. Congrats on the run!

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 3 2005, 02:14 AM
Your 60' nees a LOT of work. I bet with some practice and decent tires you could get that down a lot lower. Congrats on the run!
[post=468650]Quoted post[/post]​

2.5 60's is a pretty damn descent for running 14.9's...

what rpm did you launch at? My lsv crx did a 14.1. befor i bought it from my buddy. congrats dude i know you can do faster.... its all in the practice :burnout:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 3 2005, 10:05 AM
why only one run?

congrats on taking it to the track though
you must have had one hell of a grin...
:D :D
[post=468703]Quoted post[/post]​

two runs
no but one is not worth mentioning.....-.119 r/t......15.1....

Originally posted by Taco15@Mar 3 2005, 10:06 AM
what rpm did you launch at? My lsv crx did a 14.1. befor i bought it from my buddy. congrats dude i know you can do faster.... its all in the practice :burnout:
[post=468705]Quoted post[/post]​

around 3-4k ...thanks

30 offset might rub on the brakes.... really depends on the inside of the wheel. but damn, those things have got to suck.

score some oem honda wheels or something or steelies if you have to, and throw the drag radials on it.

i have steelies at home....but they are 14x5.5 dont i need 14x6

naw.. you can fit a 205 on a 6" rim. you aren't trying to TURN on these things, so who cares if the sidewall is a little floppy.

ohh okay.....last night my boy had to take his r/t drags off because they were going flat 0psi....some one said that it was because his steelies were not wide enough...could it be true.....20/8/14 was the size

i've seen really fat tires on skinny rims, and really skinny tires on fat rims...

i prob wasted beaded all the way?
or the sidewall had to much of an angle to be beaded right?

Back