just got done with my b16 swap, bad shaking in 2nd gear and above. under load?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yes, knock that off and take if for a drive to see if it solves the problem.

hows that going to make a difference? does the ring grind on the control arm or somethin?

i think im just gonna get a 86-89 axle for the passenger side too, its a lil shorter.

Could one of you be very helpful & show me what the ABS ring looks like?
Google says:
CV_Joint_ABS_Ring.summ.jpg
I didn't see anything like that on my axle when I put it in there...but a more specific picture would be very helpful.

So sorry if this is too thread-jacky for you all. I'm dying to get this problem solved.

Taking it back to the store isn't really feasible w/out receipt. Plus, if I take it out how do I drive to store? :p

Could one of you be very helpful & show me what the ABS ring looks like?
Google says:
CV_Joint_ABS_Ring.summ.jpg
I didn't see anything like that on my axle when I put it in there...but a more specific picture would be very helpful.

So sorry if this is too thread-jacky for you all. I'm dying to get this problem solved.

Taking it back to the store isn't really feasible w/out receipt. Plus, if I take it out how do I drive to store? :p

Yours might not have it on there.. some axles don't if their application never had ABS at all. I don't have a picture, but it would be a ring that looks like the one you pictured right on the end of the outer CV joint that goes into the wheel hub. Hopefully that helps some..

i know what your saying but i tried a 90-93 axle on the drivers side and it was too long! i couldnt even bolt the ball joint in. because im using a y1 intermediate shaft.
Sounds weird, i've used both the y1 shaft and s1,j1, and ys1 with the 90-93 teg axles and never had a problem... what mount kit do you have? maybe it makes the motor sit closer to one side of the engine bay causing an axle to bind :shrug2:

hows that going to make a difference? does the ring grind on the control arm or somethin?
some people have found the abs ring to be the culprit for their shaking. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't...

i think im just gonna get a 86-89 axle for the passenger side too, its a lil shorter.
Just make sure it's not too short because it'll pop out everytime you turn.

i bought the car without the motor installed . i did the swap myself. and i traded for my yamaha raptor.
My friend moved to Texas and left me his Raptor 350 for a few months... I loved that thing but he came back and took it:(

well hasport told me to take off the axle nuts while the car is on the ground and push the axle in. it should stop within a quarter inch of where the nut seats on (hub) well the passenger side 90-93 axle is fine but the other side using the 86-89 axle is too long. so i need the 90-93 intermediate shaft and axle.

someone should definitetly update the archives. if you have the longer version intermediate shaft throw it in the freakin trash. its useless and will never work correctly.

90-93 axles with 90-93 intermediate shaft period end of story.

im done playin with this mess. my car runs fine and i cant drive it because of conflicting info on the web. GRRRRRRRRRR

I guess just post a wanted integra half shaft in the for sale/wanted section. someone on here has to have one, or you could go to the junkyard if you have any nearby.

yea theres PLENTY of junkyards nearby. i COULD sell the axles i have now but seriously. how much can i REALLY get for them? lol

They don't even have to 'look' new. Tell them they weren't the right ones. they shouldn't have a problem giving you your money. at least when I was working there we never gave people shit about returns. It's a judgement call...

well they definitely look new. i installed them and drove like 1000 feet down the street and came back. lol. so yea theyre new.

Back