Just got my assed kicked by a SOHC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93Fury

So I blow a few holes in my SOHC, no big deal. I decided to stay cheap for now, and on the road, so I headed down to our tow yard to pick up another SOHC motor. It was in great shape, auto tranny, but thats nonthing an air gun and a half hour cant fix. I got the whole swap together, ready to be dropped in. Well, yesterday I had take out the blown motor, and placed all my mount bolts (including shift linkage) in a measuring cup. Im good with the swap, so mixing bolts isint a big deal. Drop the engine in, got the passenger mount locked in (still had that bolt). Line up and install both torque mounts, no problem, YET. As I go to do the rest of the bolting, there was one thing missing, THE FUCKING BOLTS. All of them. I have no rear mount bolts, no driver side mount, no shift linkage bolts, got lucky and found the control arm bolts (axles). Now I sit here, with a half ass car, dosent run, and my 5th gear, well, it seems as if its missing. 4 speed civic, really cool. As if it wasent slow enough. Ive probally done this swap 10 times. You always have small problems, but I feel like I just got hit by a train. Guess tomorrow will be another greasy day. This car better not piss me off too bad, or it will be a long swim in a deep lake! UghH....had to vent! :angry:

No, the mount bolts definatly didnt fly out when the motor blew. It went bang, it didnt explode! Thats the problem, the bolts are gone. We run a regular business here during the day, and play at night. I guess one of the warehouse guys moved or tossed them. And they were gone by the time I started, so I couldnt even ask. Tomorrow should be a brighter day, I hope

he said he put his mount bolts in a cup or something. Maybe I'm just a fucking moron. :lol:

sux man, hope u find them. also, replace the Auto SOHC cam with a Manual SOHC cam, auto cams arent as aggresive as manual ones. or just get a new crower/ground SOHC cam.

Back