Just got my New EFH1 mounts, a few questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boostgod

efh1.jpg

I just recieved my Hasport EFH1 mounts for putting an H22 in a CRX. I must say that i am very impressed on the build quality and CNC work. TOP NOTCH HASPORT!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now that I have these mounts infront of me I realise that I have a few questions I need to run by you guys before I start the swap. I have done a few b-series swaps but never an H-series... I am a virgin.

1. Do I need to machine the crank pulley? If so by how much? Im only using the alternator no PS or AC.

2. I am installing a 2001 motor/tranny, will the rear mount bracket from the 2001 motor work? Hasport calls for a 92-96 rear mount.

3. In the Hasport Instructions, it says that you need to clearence the frame rail. "Cut a notch as wide as the engine bracket under the frame rail bracket". I have no idea exactly where to make this cut to make clearence, there is no pic provided in the instructions. What are they reffering to? Your imput / pics please?????

4. The instructions say to use the d16 alternator with the setup and I dont have one, will the prelude version work? I do have the harness and clips.

5. Axels: Im using a h22a lude half shaft and have prelude 01 axles laying around, what factory axles work with the hasport kit? is it 90-93 teg on one side with lude inners and 89 teg on the other side with lude inners? cuz i have no clue.

6. Where exactly do i dent in for clearence for the H22a Intake Manifold? Is it just to the right of the map sensors? To what extent am i to bash it in? 1" or more????

FYI: Please dont tell me to search, i have spent countless night reading all the H22a material and there isnt very much regarding the crx swap. Also dont bother replying unless you are sure your information is 100% correct (ie: you have experience). Also I dont need lectures on why i shouldnt put an h22 in a crx, im going it dammit :p :wink: :thumbup:

thanks for your time Honda Heads.

-ben :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

as far as i know its nearly impossible to use that tranny in that chassis car because odf the atts system the transmission has. Ill assume u must have an obd jumper for the engine as u are putting an obd2 motor in an obd0 car but i still think you will have issues with the transmission. i think your best bet would be to find a obd1 tranny to go with the motor.

I think atts was an ecu thing that worked similar to an lsd but I'm not positive.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think atts was an ecu thing that worked similar to an lsd but I'm not positive.

my tranny doesnt have atts, you really need to do more reasearch before you give advice.
please dont post unless you are sure 100% or can answer my posted questions.
Also i have been on the explicit speed website.

Have you tried contacting Hasport regarding the their poor instructions? That would be my first step. If you didn't know how to do the swap, why did you buy the mounts before knowing how to do it?

1. I wouldn't machine the crank pulley- buying a quality aftermarket alternator-only one would be the safest route.

2+ dunno - Call Hasport.

Back