Just got my new turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
T3/T4E 50 trim .63AR. I got the Precision, was going to get a Garrett with 360 Thrust bearing but they were out of stock. They said Precision was a comparable brand with good quality :)

Slowboy Racing | DSM | Turbos | PTE | T3 Turbine Housing > PTE SC-5031E (T3 50 Trim with stage 3 turbine wheel)

CCfab said my manifold would be done today or the beginning of next week. I already got my bigger FMIC and piping, so this should all be on next week :D :D :D
Edit: Just need a 38MM external gate and I'm a go.

Pics of the engine bay? I'll have them sometime next week or the following week. I dont want to be a pain in Josh's ass and keep calling him, eventhough I'm fuckin excited as hell :p I'm just glad I got a hold of him and the manifold is being made as we speak.

i hope they are up to schedule[spll] because i want to order something, i'm just scared to go through what other people went through

PTE%20SC34.jpg

you can't fit a soda san in that :)
lol

I've been looking over compressor maps and considering what the car is now and what it will be in the spring. This turbo suits all my needs plenty :)

I talked to Josh(ccfab) and just wanted to make sure I didnt spend all my money and then the manifold would be done right after. He told me he was starting it yesterday and finishing it up today. I was shocked, I knew he was a busy guy and it's nice of him to make this quick for me. So even if he doesnt finish it today, I "assume" sometime next week it will be. As soon as I get it, the old turbo setup is bye-bye. :D

whats happening with the old setup?
and i thought you were having clutch issues with your current setup?
i have an OE replacement exedy setup and its beyond fucking garbage, and i think i hurt it real bad lastnight... you upgrading your clutch again? i thought you were already on a stage 2?

I have the Dual Friction Centerforce, POS! The weird thing is its been holding power after driving it easy for awhile. I think the disk may have glazed when the guy overloaded it on the dyno and now I may have worn thru that shit. I tried a 14psi pull on the highway and it held all the way thru 4th. I even cruised in 5th and boosted up, usually the high torque from that would make it slip right away. I'm going to have to leave the boost low with this new turbo. Prolly 8psi will do the trick without smoking the clutch some more. I will be trying 12-14 psi though, just for the sake of testing the clutch, yeah thats it ;)

I plan on getting a Clutchmasters Stg4, a bit rougher but I plan on making a LOT more power then now. Since the Matrix is going back to stock-like as far as the engine goes I plan on going further with this project. AND I still have my Subaru, too many cars that require a lot of attention so I had to slow down with the Matrix.

I assure you ccfab won't rip you off. I see him daily.

He might take a while (as he as a bunch of orders, there's like 50 manis in his shop right now), but he will come through. This week got delayed due to materials... the metal shop fucked him or some shit, so he had nothing to build with for a couple days.

I'm not worried nor am I rushing him. I told him I'm in no hurry, its still plenty fun to drive now.

itll be out one day this upcoming week. you can eb assured that what happned before will never happen again. i have taken plenty of steps to assure that.

itll be out one day this upcoming week. you can eb assured that what happned before will never happen again. i have taken plenty of steps to assure that.

NICE :D I cant remember the guys name on Honda-Tech but he started to msg me about his setup. He's running a T3/T4 @14psi and making a lil over 300whp. Thats my goal, 300ish whp on stock internals and then go for broke after I build it up. I'd like 400+whp but I have no idea what to expect honestly.

Not yet. Josh said he's having trouble getting a car to test fit it and make sure I get a mani that fits first shot. I told him no worries, the money is waiting and whenever he's done just give me a call. Winter is rearing its ugly head in my area anyway. I plan on driving the beast all winter but I may not switch turbos till spring. I'm sure once i get that mani in my hands all of this nonsense will change :p

Back