Just got pulled over

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Faulty exhaust. They're right, I probably should fix the thing. I've just been lazy, but while we were sitting there I noticed i'm burning oil again. This will have been my third vcg. the first time i changed it i screwed it up, but i thought i had it this time.

They let me off with a warning. Still pissed me off.

if it says you need to go through inspection, :yes:

well theres no real regulation, we dont have smog or anything. says that i need to bring it back in 5 days with the problem solved. i guess that gives me something to do on sunday.

yep then its a "fix it ticket"

no direct "fine"... but if you dont show up in the allotted time with the issue fixed they pull your registration

Well they asked for certification. I'm just gonna d.i.m. Should i bring the reciepts then? I mean, theres really no other proof than going out and listening to it.

yes bring any receipts and they will most likely do a visual inspection

Some places may require a state approved shop or inspection station to inspect it, but I have heard of some states where you can submit receipts proving the parts or labor was done and they consider it fixed.

When I got a fix it ticket in New York for a blown headlight, I just had to show the cop at the courthouse that it was fixed and he took care of everything from there.

Check with your state, or call the court/place and find out what steps to go through to make sure it doesn't bite you in the butt...

thanks guys. I'll call them in the morning if they're open. figures I'll probably get 5 actual days to fix it, but they expect me to get ahold of them on a business day.

Faulty exhaust. They're right, I probably should fix the thing. I've just been lazy, but while we were sitting there I noticed i'm burning oil again. This will have been my third vcg. the first time i changed it i screwed it up, but i thought i had it this time.

They let me off with a warning. Still pissed me off.

wow someone who gets pulled over and doesn't cop bash and man's up and said they were in the wrong.....did hell freeze over?

Back