Just got TD04 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93Fury

Hey guys, I just got 2 TD04 turbos (3000 GT Left Side) for next to nonthing. I was thinking of doing a D16 turbo setup. I was wondering if this turbo would be useful in making my ride to work a little faster? I have the access to the rest of the parts: BOV, Intercooler, Manifold etc..., but dont want to waste my time or money to find out it was faster stock. Im only looking to push 3-4 LBS daily and maybe 6-7 when im antsy. Some JE slugs would probally be in its future. Let me know guys so I can start buying some goodies.

Thats good and well, but I asked if it will work. Rather it would be a waste or not is irrevallant and opinion. Will this application work? Granted I had the Mitsu 300GT down pipe flange? Has anyone ever seen any turbo manifolds that have the 3 post at the bottom, in a triangle shape? I really wanna jump on these, but I would like some reassurance that im not going to buy something I can never use. If it will work on the SOHC, let me know pls. Thanks alot Guys

you don't understand dude... at 3 psi, you will NOT see a power gain of more than 10 horsepower or so. it takes some power to make the power, and when you are not making much, the gain won't be significant.

first, i hope you are just plannign to run 1 of them. if you are trying to make a twin turbo d16z6, i'll laugh at you and stop trying to help. if you are only going to use one, you need a manifold with the proper flange. since its a mitsubishi turbo, you will most likely need a custom flange. the t-seires flange is different, and im PRETTY sure the 14b flanges are not the same either. if you can, get a picture of the flange on the turbo, and maybe i can get some more info for you after seeing that. I've personally never seen a 3000gt turbo.

why are you gonna laugh at a twin turbo d16z6?

fb408218.jpg

fb408213.jpg

fb3bce72.jpg

fb3bce6d.jpg

fb3bce60.jpg

just curious to know if youve ever seen it done b4 pissedoff?

i think its pointless...

costs much more, you can't really make too much more power than you could with a single turbo, and it's a hassel.. i dunno

Is it me or do the picture make it seem extremely compact and tough to work on for a dual turbo?

Hey isn't there a reason why supra guys go from 2 turbo's to 1?

Originally posted by dirty91crx@Sep 16 2003, 11:46 PM
why are you gonna laugh at a twin turbo d16z6?

just curious to know if youve ever seen it done b4 pissedoff?

whats the point of twin turbos on a z6?

<<edit>> i just deleted his pics out of the quote....

LOL. Not, not at all was I implying that I wanted a Twin Turbo D series. I wanted to know if these would work, and if anyone had any experience with it. Im new to turbo, never installed or had one before, but im ready. I will post pictures as soon as I get the digi.

i was just asking why one would laugh. i understand the basis of not going to TT design on such an engine even givin the chasis.

the guy who built this simply stated that his reason for building it was because people said it couldnt be done. as far as a turbo recomendation. the most popular junkyard turbo is the 14b of the 1g dsm. you can find them at your local junkyard anywhere between $25-$75 in fairly good condition.

Originally posted by 93Fury@Sep 15 2003, 05:41 PM
Hey guys, I just got 2 TD04 turbos (3000 GT Left Side) for next to nonthing. I was thinking of doing a D16 turbo setup. I was wondering if this turbo would be useful in making my ride to work a little faster? I have the access to the rest of the parts: BOV, Intercooler, Manifold etc..., but dont want to waste my time or money to find out it was faster stock. Im only looking to push 3-4 LBS daily and maybe 6-7 when im antsy. Some JE slugs would probally be in its future. Let me know guys so I can start buying some goodies.

just go 5-7 daily . . . there's nothing bad about that . . . . you'll be in the comfert zone with a little more passing power :)

3-4??? NO POINT IN DOING IT THEN!! do you want to do it for the sake of saying, "i have a turbo honda"?

Originally posted by dirty91crx@Sep 17 2003, 05:43 PM
i was just asking why one would laugh. i understand the basis of not going to TT design on such an engine even givin the chasis.

the guy who built this simply stated that his reason for building it was because people said it couldnt be done. as far as a turbo recomendation. the most popular junkyard turbo is the 14b of the 1g dsm. you can find them at your local junkyard anywhere between $25-$75 in fairly good condition.

I have a 14b and have been searching hell and back to find a way to bolt that up to my honda. where do you find info on this. Sorry to pirate the thread but ive been calling every turbo company i can to find a way.

Back