just got the new coils on the front and...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redneck999

Oh boy well this is the continuation of the wanting to lower the del sol thread, I got the front coils in, a 1.2 drop kit,
eilbachs and Kyb struts and it has lowered 2in. it went from 26in to 24in The rear is still at 25 and a half. Should i even worry about doing the rear coils? Ive got new struts for the rear but i started on them and the bushing is just turning so i had to order an energy susp kit for it. So i have stopped for now. Should i go ahead and do the rears? This front was more than i wanted and now it look like i am going to need an alignment kit, more money.

Attachments

• 140.JPG
    140.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 139.JPG
    139.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 138.JPG
    138.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 184
Do the rear as well. Springs (good ones, anyway) are tuned to work together front/rear. If you have mismatched spring rates your car will handle poorly.

I didnt figure i would have this much neg camber but it dropped more than i expected. now i have to decide if i should look for a set of adj control arms or a c.amber kit

before you do anything else, just get the rears on there and see how it sits... you may not need anythig more than an alignment.

here are pics of the front

Attachments

• 143.JPG
    143.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 142.JPG
    142.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 141.JPG
    141.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 190
just seems like a god awful amout of neg camber and it hasnt settled yet, i am used to seeing the tires straight

do the rear, and i dont think you will need a camber kit, its not that low

False.

Look at it... if he rides around like that, he is only going to use like 80% of the contact patch of his tires and chew the inside edge off..

An alignment won't fix it, because you can't adjust camber on the del slow, or most other hondas for that matter. Time for some skunk 2 upper A arms.

You can use the washer trick for the rear camber.. It won't be enough to necessitate a true camber kit.

I just ordered 2 Ingalls adjustable ball joints and just finished pulling out the r rear strut and now it is ready just waiting on the lower strut bushings. could poss finish tomarrow. The rear upper control arm had a single shim under each bolt, any ideas as to how many washers would be close(thickness) or is it a trial and error and put a level on it? I started expeimenting with wheel off and a jack under the lca, started putting washers in and tightening then putting a level on the drum. Is this an actual way or am i wasting time?

Go buy a bunch of grade 8 washers that just barely squeeze over the bolt. If you need more than 3, buy a new grade 8 bolt that is longer.

As far as aligning with a level, that is only really good enough to get it to an alignment shop. Don't guess at those things.. let the professionals with a $20,000 alignment machine take care of it for you.

the garage i worked at used what looked like a jiant yard stick with flat algles on both end, you mesure the front of the tire and the rear, adjusting the toe in/out untill it was both the same, seemed cheap/old but it was very acurate. we did police cars and none of them ever pulled or wore tires funny

Got the rears on and it only dropped 3/4 in. I called Eibach and told them what was going on and explained everything. This guy tells me that the front could very well come back up. Said to release the pinch bolt on the fork and bounce on the front end several times and drive around the block and then retighten. Is it possible that the extended top hatsthat i put on could be causing this? Doing this only lenghten the strut travel. I asked this guy i there any way to raise the front up an inch without putting the original coils back in and he told me to wait a week. Any ideas?

sounds odd to me... then again i have never done any suspension work.

but... as soon as i have the money, im gonna get some tokico hp's and some springs. while i'm at it i'll probably replace all the bushings and hardware too.

did you get a full set of bushings?

The adj ball joints are supposed to be here friday. I looked in the wheelwell and the upper control arms are pointing up way above level, i didnt look at that before i started. There is no room to get in there to adj the ball joint when i get it in, I wonder if i should put my 14's back on just to get it aligned?

nah man fuck that noise. if you're gonna be running on the larger wheels, then i think it would be best to have them on when you get aligned... someone correct me if i'm wrong there.

That is what i believed but danm, there is no room at all in that wheel well, i just wish i could lift it up an inch.

werd? what size? I'm getting used to my 17's now, so it's kinda hard to really know what you mean, seeing how neon's have WAY bigger wheel wells... bah, but my tire is still only like a millimeter from rubbing the spring perches... OEM Neon Struts FTL man

damn... thats nice. When i get some new tires im gonna get that size. That is unless I have a new suspension setup by then.

Back