just got the new coils on the front and...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just sold my tracker today so i got to get the honda done soon, Im looking to get another jeep if i can find one reasonable.

17s are too bloody big for a little honda. They thrive on small, light weight wheels. If you swapped those for some 15 pound 15 inch wheels, you'd swear you were driving a completely different car.

There is no room to get in there to adj the ball joint when i get it in, I wonder if i should put my 14's back on just to get it aligned?

There wouldn't be any point to that. The settings would be different depending on what wheels are on the car. I have a set of 15" summer wheels and 15" summer wheels, but the tires on one set are slightly larger. I still get an alignment every time I switch them.

Honestly, your car looks fine to me. I'd call that a mild drop compared to a lot of other lowered Hondas I've seen...

There wouldn't be any point to that. The settings would be different depending on what wheels are on the car. I have a set of 15" summer wheels and 15" summer wheels, but the tires on one set are slightly larger. I still get an alignment every time I switch them.

Honestly, your car looks fine to me. I'd call that a mild drop compared to a lot of other lowered Hondas I've seen...
why would it need re alighned when you change wheels/tires? they dont line up the wheels, well they do but that in turn lines up the hubs, and changing wheels dont change the hubs alighnment ..

To compensate for different tire wear patterns, probably. Does seem a bit excessive though.

Either way, I would agree that 15" are the perfect size for a delsol. 195/50/15 tires, as well.

A good friend that has aligned cars all day for over 10yrs scolded me when i asked about getting an alignment. He told me you only need an alignment for new springs, tie rods or camber kits. He told me it is a waste of money ($60-80) oterhwise and all you can do is rotate your wheels...check the pressure, etc. I believe him b/c why would he not want the business?

Im set for an alignment on monday an the ball joints are suppused to be here today and I got to look for a set of injectors for a jeep.

Got the ball joints in and adj pretty much all the way out ,toes out a bit on both sides, went around the block and it rubs the tires and some turns and a little in the back when loaded, man is there any way to lift the front back up? Called Eibach back and asked them how long until the springs come back up HA, they told me to adj my preload again. Alignment monday

Got back from best buy, had to exchange our tv a 42 in dynex lcd that the remote sensor went out under warr and exchange/ upgrade to a panasonic 42 plasma. Anyway way got that home and couldnt stand the look of the toe so I adj a bit on the steering rack and in an effort to raise it at least some i loosened the pinch bolt at the fork and raised the strut a half inch and tightened down now just gotta wait for monday!

i cant believe that thing rubs, you still have an inch of fender gap at least. are your fender liners all intact and fastened up good? you should be able to drop at least 2" before you start rubbing.

I have 14 in wheels and tires that i took off to put these on. They just looked so small in the wheel wells. And it did lower 2 in, that was my comlaint that i wanted a 1 in and the jokers at eibach said it would come back up! must be magic

Last edited:
Back