Just gota 90 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

Just got this integra its a 90 4dr RS. Im just gonna fix it and sell it.

Questions:

1.Is it possible to take off the door trim on the outside of the car without breaking
the clips off?

2.Anyone know a good paint to use, to repaint the valve cover black with? Im assuming high temp? Anyone got a good brand that works though???

If you have a chance check out my post in the parts wanted if you have any spare integra parts laying around. I appreciate it.

THANKS!!!!

:D :worthy: :worthy:

For the valve cover, get it sandblasted, and then you coud go buy some Hi temperature paint so that it won't peel. I had a valve cover with the paint peeing so I took it to my buddy's body shop and he blasted it and painted it for me for free. I got some sick connections. but for DIY, just get some brake caliper paint, and it should work. As for the door trim, just be careful, and it should come out fine. If you do break them, they are cheap to replace.

any high temp paint rated over 500 degrees should be fine

personally i would go all out and get the 1200degree stuff

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Nov 21 2003, 04:09 PM
As for the door trim, just be careful, and it should come out fine. If you do break them, they are cheap to replace.

Not likely to happen. I'd be expecting to have to replace them.

They are not a big deal, if you are really worried that you are going to break them, go take it to a body shop, let them break the tabs off , then charge you to replace them. I wouldn't worry about them, since they are so cheap

Well i got it off only saving 2 of the clips. I only broke the part that goes into the door. The part thats on the trim is still ok. Anyone got a part number on those clips? (ones going into the door)

Originally posted by Whitewrx02@Nov 21 2003, 08:41 PM
Well i got it off only saving 2 of the clips. I only broke the part that goes into the door. The part thats on the trim is still ok. Anyone got a part number on those clips? (ones going into the door)

your local honda dealer! :p

second that. Those clips are on pretty much every honda w/ door trim.

Back