Just like battle pope...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my GF pays $394/mo on here 01 GSR.. its rediculous

the payments on my hatch were $550, but i also payed it off in 6 months w/ $1500 down.. i paid way too much, but i needed a car bad

Last edited:
250 a month is dirt cheap y0

200/month will get you a 10k car

my payments are $878 :p

haha yeah it's dirt cheap if you net 38k a year, or whatever it is you make.

I make a little over 10 grand less than that a year, so it's more of a stretch.

I'm looking for a 99-00 Civic DX hatch or so, KBB says the best ones will be around 5500-6000, so even at 6% that's only 120 a month. Then my insurance will drop below 100 on it with my 500 deductible.

I could potentially save 160ish a month on top of my money that doesn't go towards bills... a swap could be an easy possibility.

hey James...there is a place up the street from me that has a 92-95 Civic EX coupe for sale if you want me to stop by and take a look at for you one day and geta price on it. lemme know man.

99-00 Hatch. I don't want an EG, the things I have won't fit. Help me keep an eye out for one of those.

Now, as for your truck... what's the deal? Keeping it or no?

haha yeah it's dirt cheap if you net 38k a year, or whatever it is you make.

I make a little over 10 grand less than that a year, so it's more of a stretch.

38k? lol

tripple that :ph34r:

if you're only making 28k a year, something is wrong.

Seriously, you have a skill that not anyone can do hooking up networks and what not. you should be making at least 45k.

my opinion of course....

38k? lol

tripple that :ph34r:

if you're only making 28k a year, something is wrong.

Seriously, you have a skill that not anyone can do hooking up networks and what not. you should be making at least 45k.

my opinion of course....

Yeah I have that skill and know-how, but I work for a company that sports my last name in the title and I have no degree or college education to back up that skill. We're a small firm consisting of 3 full time techs. My dad don't have the money to pay us 45k a year.

I live comfortably even with my insanely low car payment, so I'm in no rush to make too much money.

Probably, but I don't want it. I just enjoy my job for what it is working with my dad and my brother.

I'm eventually getting back in school for traffic engineering.

well hey, thats half of it. enjoying what you do is sometimes worth lesser pay.

wow... i brought home *looks at paystub* 24k so far. ANd any idiot can do my job. James, apply yourself and i would look elsewhere to relocate and get a better paying job in the same feild.

It's not about the field, it's about working for MY FAMILY COMPANY...

thats true, im not saying that is straight pay... i get a "commission" check roughly grossing 1000 a month.

That'd be nice. I'm just an hourly kinda worker.

Anybody wanna keep an eye out for a 99-00 Civic hatch back 5 speed? mileage doesn't matter, preferably white but I'll take any color.

It's not about the field, it's about working for MY FAMILY COMPANY...

I'd let the family know that you love working for them and would love to continue doing so, but it's too hard to make a basic living off the pay. Either up the pay or part ways.

Taco Bell pays over $30K starting to managers. I believe the last one I saw was $38K
and thats not knowing jack shit I doubt you would even need a GED for that job.

Yes, because i want to work in fast food again, Jeffie.

Not. Food is for suckers who like dealing with dipshit pissy ass customers. I'm a digital telephone technician.

If it rings. I can fix it. If it plugs into a computer, I can make it work.

Why would I want to work with food again?

Yes, because i want to work in fast food again, Jeffie.

Not. Food is for suckers who like dealing with dipshit pissy ass customers. I'm a digital telephone technician.

If it rings. I can fix it. If it plugs into a computer, I can make it work.

Why would I want to work with food again?

Not to be a dick but... Because you can't afford a $250.00 car payment working as a digital telephone technician. putting two and two together tells me something is wrong with what you make.

I wasnt saying to get back into the food business my point was to show that people with zero background if even a high school degree can easily make more doing stupid shit work. while you have a job that should pay damn well. you need to keep your SI since it's a nice all around car and find a better paying company. If your family feels other wise about it they need to pay up.

Um... who said I can't afford it? I can afford it just fine, and I've been affording it just fine for the past three years. You obviously just like to read what you can comprehend and come to your own conclusions about my point.

Maybe you should try rereading some things in this thread and realize that I'm simply tired of the car, and I want something cheaper to own so I can have more money to modify it.

I just wonder how that idea is hard to comprehend.

Back