Just need a little bit of help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stleger184634

Hey so I was posting on here about a month ago I have a 98 prelude that i swapped a f20b into and i was having problem with no spark and injectors not firing so took me about 2 weeks but i figured it out lol. Had to run a piggyback from my dizzy to the cpk and tds added some wires into the dizzy plug and blocked off the iac and the car runs great. Except for 2 little issues 1: whenever im driving and if i let off the throttle it feels like it slams closed and the car jerks some from the losse of air and the same thing happens when I push the throttle in, the spring is not double wrapped or anything dunno what the deal is I changed my plugs and it got alot better but didnt stop. Problem 2: is im still usin the obd2 ecu right now ( I have a p28 with a obd1 conversion and set it up through chrome but without a proper tune it dosnt run very good) so with the obd2 ecu hooked up naturally the check engine light is on throwing the code for the iac cuz it has been removed and blocked off but as im driving sometimes the check engine light will start to blink?? dosnt do it all the time just sometimes.. the car isnt making any noises its good on all fluids I dont know if its just cuz the iac is blocked off or what??

If anyone has any advice I would aprreciate it alot =) also im pickin up my friends obd2 scanner and im gonna plug it in tommrow when the light blinks and see wht it reads.

Thank for the help.:D

Well no replies... but here is an update maybe someone will be able to help.....

I got the OBD2 scanner and if I plug it in it only throws 2 codes both are for the IACV which I know are supposed to be there but like i said earlier when I hit VTEC my engine light starts to blink so I plugged it in when it was blinking and it says I have a miss-fire in all 4 cylinders???????? But I don't feel a miss at all the car runs awesome. I got new ngk plugs and wires from advanced yesterday and it still says a misd-fire? I dont know if its actually miss fireing or if it has something to do with the IACV and Evap being removed and the ECU trippen out? I have never had this problem before so if anyone knows please respond 18 views and no replies... maybe this is the wrong forum?? lol

Back