Just need some B16 advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

O.K. I use to have a JDM DOHC ZC in my EF and then switched to boosting it with a custom turbo kit. It was great while it lasted and I spanked many a car with it but then I ended up dropping a valve when I was coming back from a test run trying to tune it and basicly blew the whole motor to crap nothing was salvagable from the motor only the intake manifold head and block got trashed. I sold everything turbo D series I had and ZC related I had and I just got a B16. I'm only using the B16 for tempary use till so I can build a LS bottom end and still have my car running on the road for street use. Here's a couple of questions. Has anyone here used HCP engineering motor mounts or anyone else know what kind of REP. they have . They are the only ones with a 4 mount kit unlike place racing on other that only use a 3 mount kit and I don't like the idea no matter how solid the mount is of loosing the front torque mount. Also what axles are you B16's in EF using basicly what kind do I have to buy for. All I need to put the motor in is the mounts , axle and shift linkage. I did afew tricks here and there to the motor before I put it in so it's not just another stock B16. I do 100% ALL my own work to my car. Thanks

HPC's have a very strong following around Honda-tech. I recommend them over Place Racing, simply from what all I've read by some really good people. They just deny the use of some aftermarket crossmembers because of the 4th mount.

i am using HCP engineering mounts in my 88 dx hatch... i like them alot... i only got the 3 mount kit though. they are a tight squeeze and have some vibration. VERY SOLID MOUNTING. use a 90-93 integra 5spd rear tranny bracket... and to be honest with you, i just called HCP themselves and they had some in stock... They charged me $35 shipped for that rear bracket and they were really great to deal with. overal i'd give the mounts an 8.7 out of 10.

O.K here's the deal.. I talked the HCP today and they seemed real cool and helpful. I'm buying a set- of PLACE RACING B series mount kit from a friend of mine for dirt cheap. I will then if I don't like the PR mounts switch to HCP. I was talking to my friend today about it and he has the PR kit that are only about less then year old so since I"m getting them cheap I said " Hey why not " If it was anyother company besides PR or HASport I would have not even considered getting them but since Place Racing is a well know name and from what I've seen have a good rep. I'll try them just for temparary use. Sofar I'm putting my B16 in with a ACT 8lb flywheel and 6 puck clutch , MSD ignition system , I/H/E most be re-used from my ZC. So I'll have alittle something when I put it in. I'm just using the B16 while I'm now in the process of building my LS bottom end hens my screen name. I'm sticking with ACT for my clutch since I used their flywheel and clucth on my ZC

Back