Just opened my first bank account ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm currently using Bank of America with no problems here. I was previously using Wachovia; and hated them.

BoA>>>Wachovia in pretty much every category.

i don't have a debit card either. it's annoying trying to balance shit and make entries everytime you use it. I just use my credit card for everything, and at the end of the month, i make 1 payment and add 1 line to my checkbook.

Yeah, that can be kind of annoying. I just make sure to monitor my account carefully. I check the balance online at least once a day so I have a general idea of how much is in there.

If you put 100 bucks a month into a rothIRA at age 20 for the next 40 years, you will have 1.2 million dollars at retirement, given the standard 10% gain the market averages.

If you put it in your toolbox, you'll have 48,000.

your choice.

:werd:

Whoa! Wait! What?!?!?!? You're getting a job at UPS? No shit. Which one?

The one in Mesquite TX. Im not gonna do anything major if i work there. Mainly just as a part time job moving boxes around. It doesnt seem that hard and they start you off at 8.50-9.50 an hour. The most i have EVER made at any job is $6/h so it seems pretty sweet to me.

IMO, only thing UPS is good for is the benefits and discounts. :)

UPS is a great company to work for I've heard. My buddy does some mid-level supervisor stuff at one here. He works though at 4am, but makes bank.

I have BOA. It's great for where I live. Long hours, and I've never had a single problem with them besides my credit card, which I'm still dealing with because I fucked up a payment or something.

WaMu blows, I hated that place. So many different, random people hacked into my account and stole money that I didn't even have. And I got fees out the wazoo. I didn't give my info out to anyone and I paid close attention to my spending. The only upside to them is they made up for the money that the people stole, except they gave to me when it was really their money in the first place lol. So I made $250 for no reason.....

Never had BoA. Right now I'm with the Trugrocer Credit Union and am pretty happy with that. I'm also part of the Navy Federal Credit Union.

NFCU rocks for loans.

My dad and step bro love borrowing from that place. I use BECU for borrowing.

In an emergency situation with no credit (back then), going negative actually saved my bacon. I was short on my rent by about $500, with nothing left in the bank. Withdrew the money from the ATM, paid the rent, charged $33 for the negative fee, got paid two days later, went back into the positive. Instant short-term 6.6% loan.

Not knowing you're out of funds, charging 3 little things to your debit card and getting hit for $100 is what kills ya.

Last edited:
UPS is a great company to work for I've heard. My buddy does some mid-level supervisor stuff at one here. He works though at 4am, but makes bank.

Of course the supervisors make money; it's the package handlers and line("Part-time") supervisors that get screwed. They have a system setup up where you can bid for jobs, routes, etc. but where I worked; they pretty much ignored that(pretty fucked up management). I guess it depends on which location you're working at.

Also, my second year working there we got a new area supervisor(probably the mid-level supervisor position you're referring to...he also pretty much got the job by begging; he didn't know what the hell he was doing), and had a PT supervisor doing his job. This wasn't even a rumor, it was well known. After that PT supervisor switched areas, our line was screwed. It's probably still screwed right now too.

i dont even have a bank account..never have...really dont give a fuck either..i feel my money is safer,with me,or in my toolbox at home,and its easy to access if i need it

Shit, so you mean if I steal you rtools, I'll get your money too? Schweeeet. Where do you live again?

Back