1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just put a 15" crack in my radiator

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by [Freemantle], May 29, 2004.

1. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

Well... question pretty much says it all. I launched for the first time on my (now-broken-in) clutch and heared a terrible noise as I missed the rev limiter. It is the same ECU, but my fuel cut-off seems to be gone (unless someone can explain how I buried the tach in 1st). This is puzzling.

Anyway, I knocked and immediatly backed off. There was a second noise as well, somthing that wasn't internals or fuel, it sounded like my front bumper came off. I drove 10 miles before my engine temps went high. Pulled it over to find a huge crevice along my radiator top-tank. Some more coolant and some high-temperature tape got me home.

I can get a deal through my local parts guy on a KOYO aluminum radiator. Should I jump on it?

The reason this is in this forum is because I will need to run a FMIC setup in a few months. There is where Iam looking for the confliction, as it is 2" oversize in both directions (width and height).

2. handlebarsfsr

handlebarsfsr Senior Member

a fmic runs in front of the bumper support, under the bumper cover. the radiator sits behind the bumper support. they will not interfere. and you will need a larger rad for a turbo. get the koyo.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yup- it will clear the front fine.
    i have a wider and thicker PWR, had to re-loacate the over flow tank, but doesn't conflict with the I/C at all.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted