"Just put that anywhere"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I get the feeling supply of JDM goodies is going to be scarce :/

Not that thats the worst part, it's just a sucky thought.

For sale. One JDM ITR. Slight water damage from a leaking seal, front end damage from a minor fender bender, and little bit of rear bumper damage from same incident. Call seller for best price.

carfax in japan is so fucked.

every used car is going to be branded with "earthquake 2011".

Not that thats the worst part, it's just a sucky thought.

Yeah, the little metal brackets for my CR-Z's rear bumper (got read-ended two weeks ago) are on order from a warehouse in Japan. On Thursday, the ETA was Monday, but now it's unknown. :(

I would be willing to bet that they get even the hardest hit areas in a year maybe a year and a half. Japan seems like a country that gets shit done when they put their mind to it. While N.O. is still a shit hole and we still haven't completed the tower at ground zero.
So it is back to the status quo. It's not like it was a resort. It was basically a college town on a larger scale with worse townies.

article-0-0B2D7C2600000578-689_964x641.jpg

That is one solid building.

It took a 9.0 earthquake of over 2 minutes in duration. Dozens of aftershocks, some over 7.0. A freaking tsunami, and the weight of a god damn yacht on its roof. And it's still standing. We need a new anteater picture: "Fuck you, I'm a house"

Quite the opposite... Think of all the JDM cars that are going into junkyards soon. :ph34r:

That is one solid building.

It took a 9.0 earthquake of over 2 minutes in duration. Dozens of aftershocks, some over 7.0. A freaking tsunami, and the weight of a god damn yacht on its roof. And it's still standing.

not exactly. the quake happened about 80 miles offshore. most of the damage is solely from the tsunami.

Yeah... crazy quake. We had a crew of people that flew back on Friday. My lead just got back today- glad they're all safe. Working on evacuation plans right now to get everyone else out safely.

As far as two minutes- nope. More like 3 minutes, and the aftershocks were over a minute on their own. Crazy. Insane to have your program manager live through the quake and tell you about it in person Monday morning.

Yeah... crazy quake. We had a crew of people that flew back on Friday. My lead just got back today- glad they're all safe. Working on evacuation plans right now to get everyone else out safely.

As far as two minutes- nope. More like 3 minutes, and the aftershocks were over a minute on their own. Crazy. Insane to have your program manager live through the quake and tell you about it in person Monday morning.

Glad to hear your co workers made it back alright.

Not all of them yet... only the ones that weren't there on permanent assignment.

We got pics from HGT (R&D in Japan) earlier this week. The place is really effed up. Walls and ceilings collapsed all over. One guy died. Future vehicle development is going to get screwed up & delayed because of this. 50% of suppliers are screwed as well. Tochigi is easily 150 miles from the epicenter too.

We got pics from HGT (R&D in Japan) earlier this week. The place is really effed up. Walls and ceilings collapsed all over. One guy died. Future vehicle development is going to get screwed up & delayed because of this. 50% of suppliers are screwed as well. Tochigi is easily 150 miles from the epicenter too.
Maybe they will lose plans for the 8th gen civic and just make the 9th gen worth buying again :)

Sucks that someone/anyone died though :/

Maybe they will lose plans for the 8th gen civic and just make the 9th gen worth buying again :):/

Don't count on that one. 8th gen is current 06-11 that has been class leading since the start. 9th gen seems to be the half assed effort they need to ditch. Too bad its going on sale really soon. On the bright side, it's getting size & weight down and a tsx motor in the SI.

9th gen looks almost identical to the 8th gen. TSX motor is cool, but I think they still need to focus on size and weight reduction.

Back