Just ruined one streak tonight.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Nope, I didn't say steak.

Around 9:45 I was chasing my cat (the fatass needs exercise), and tripped into my couch and bent my right foot back toward my shin. I continued walking on it taking the trash out, etc. Felt fine until I stopped putting pressure on it when I went to bed. About 1:45 I couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER... for the first time since I was 5. My 26 year streak has officially ended. :(

Good news though it's just a mild Ligamentous Sprain, they couldn't see anything that was broken so at least that streak of never having a broken bone is still intact.

So this was the first time you had to go to the ER? you are either really lucky, or really dont get out much.

Ive had 7 broken bones, numerous bad sprains/ligament damage, numerous cuts that required stitches. Vast majority of these instances were when i was young though (like under 23 or so). Since ive gotten older, im a little more careful lol.

I also haven't broken a bone. I am a clumsy person and I guess I have been lucky or I just know how to catch myself right.
Good luck with the sprain they can be painful.

I've never broken anything, stitches once, and done my share of ligament damage. I consider myself pretty active/stupid. I visit the ER WAAY more than you. Haven't been since I was 23 though /knock on wood/. Back then it was a annual/bi-annual thing.

Sadly, I've been talked out of dumb stuff in the past few years with the phrase, "Dude, you don't have health insurance".

Sucks man, I'd rather get a break than a sprain. If you're on your feet a lot it's rough to heal and can seem to last forever.

So this was the first time you had to go to the ER? you are either really lucky, or really dont get out much.

Ive had 7 broken bones, numerous bad sprains/ligament damage, numerous cuts that required stitches. Vast majority of these instances were when i was young though (like under 23 or so). Since ive gotten older, im a little more careful lol.

I find it to be extremely lucky, with all the times I've used lifts, not to mention the attic crawling and ladders I use for work. I've never fallen off a ladder or through a ceiling. lol

The ER and I are too acquainted! I was just there last night. I'm usually OK until the back spasams get out of control. 4 massive back surgeries in two years wreak havoc on tissue.

I've broken the same wrist twice within a year. Fail.

Moral of the story: Chasing pussy gets you no where.

Was getting checked in at O.N.E. yesterday. Every time I had to explain how I sprained my foot, I kept thinking about this and chuckling.

Back